Chapter Thirty Two

"Huh? How did she seduce you?"

Aden was too disgusted to speak.

How could a mother speak so badly about her daughter? In that moment he understood why Aïda never spoke about her family. The mother was an embarrassment. If she was not wearing see -through tops on social media, she was badmouthing her daughter.

"Look loverboy, I don't have all day. What do you want from me?" Evelynn said.
"Do you have any idea where Aïda might be? Do you know who would want to harm her? If you know anything please tell me." Aden pleaded .

Evelynn threw her cigarette stump on the floor and squashed it with her foot.

"If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much. She's probably off lying in another idiot's arms."

Aden's patience and respect for the woman was running on empty.

"Do you have anything useful to share with me?" Aden emphasised every word through clenched teeth.

"Look loverboy, I was hoping that you could tell me something. Prior to her grandmother's funeral I hadn't seen her in years and I have not seen her since." Evelynn responded.

Aden wished he had not come to meet with her. He had just wasted previous time.

His phone rang then.

"Yes, Inspector?" A nervous Aden answered.
"Aden, I need you to come to the station as soon as possible. We have a lead." Collin answered.
"What kind of lead? Is my Angel okay? Please tell me!" Aden begged.
"It's massive, Aden but I want to talk to you before the press conference at ten." Kannemeyer hung up.

Aden forgot about the woman in front of him and ran to the parking area.

"Hey! Wait for me." Evelynn shouted running after him.
Aden stopped and turned to her, "You go back to work. I'll call you later."
"What! Are you insane! That's my daughter and I'm coming along with you." An out of breath Evelynn responded.
"Shouldn't you tell someone that you're leaving?"
"I will. Please just give me ten minutes."
"I don't have time to waste."
"Please?"
"Okay,  but if you're not back in ten, I'm leaving."

The woman ran across the street and into the hospital building. Aden hoped that she wouldn't get hurt.

Fifteen minutes later Evelynn finally stepped out of the hospital. Aden was fuming. He only waited because of who the woman was.

He almost regretted his decision when he saw what she was wearing. She had on a deep V-neck leopard print mini dress and a pair of thigh high black boots. Fortunately, she had on her kneelength trench coat which she left open. He decided that he would ask her to button up at the police station.

He got out of the car and opened the passenger side door when she was close.

Evelynn looked him up and down in that seductive manner. She even had the audacity to lick her lips again. Aden pretended not to notice.

"Thanks loverboy." She huskily whispered.

Aden did not respond. He got in the car and drove off.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

When Aden and Evelynn arrived at the station the detective was waiting for them at the entrance.

"Who is this?" Kannemeyer asked eyeing Evelynn.
"She's Aïda's mother, Evelynn Majied." Aden answered.
"Okay. Let's get to my office."

A few minutes later the three of them were seated in Kannemeyer's office behind closed doors.

"Right, I'll get straight to the point. We've found evidence proving that Aïda was abducted in her sleep." Kannemeyer divulged.