Chapter Seventeen

About two weeks later.

"Wow, chomma this place looks amazing!" Zoë gushed.

Tuis Kombuis really did look beautiful with all the black and gold coloured balloons and ribbons everywhere. The table cloths were black too with gold centre pieces and cutlery.  Even the menu was gold.

Zoë was suprised that Aïda dressed up the restaurant but, she was not suprised to see that her friend's office still looked as bland as ever. Well, it was bland to her anyway.

Aïda motioned for Zoë to take a seat.

"You can thank Martin for that." Aïda said.
"Martin. Martin Dippenaar? Seriously?"
"Yes. Why do you sound so surprised? Martin is a very talented man."
"If you say so."

Aïda looked up from the paperwork that she was busy with to eye her friend curiously.

"So...erm, how's the new business venture going? Have you agreed to work with Mr Hottie, yet?" Zoë spoke.

Aïda lifted her brow at the ' Mr Hottie' part. Zoë was not one to look past an attractive man.

"Well, chomma, speak up."
"I'm still not sure. I need more time and thankfully he is not in hurry. I'm grateful about that."
"Don't take too long. This opportunity might not come around again."
"I know but I want to make sure that every is legit. I've given that documents over to my legal time and nothing seems out of place... I don't know, Zoë. I've researched him. I've met him several times and asked him everything that I need to know. Uff!"
"You have a right to do all those things, chomma, but..."
"But ?"
"I think you're scared of failing so you don't want to take the plunge."
"Zoë, it's not that at all. I don't know this man. I don't know if I can trust him and remember that it's not only my life on the line but, also the lives of my employees."
"I know, chomma but, Mark Eaton is not a nobody. He is a well-known billionaire. He is one of the wealthiest men in the world and certainly the wealthiest in Africa. He's charasmatic. He is one of the most influential men on earth right now and he grew up right here in the Cape. Let's not forget that he's a philanthropist. What more do you need to know ?"

Aïda crossed her arms and looked out of the back window of her office. She knew everything Zoë had said. Things should have been simpler now that she knew his identity but, caution still nagged at her.

"He is so nice to give you time and space in order to make up your mind. Yep, he's a true gentleman if you ask me." Zoë continued.

Aïda smiled at her bestie.

"Okay, subject change: I love what Martin has done to this place. The black and gold theme is red hot and refreshing. By the way, happy Valentine's Day, chomma."

Zoë got up from her chair, as did Aïda, and they hugged.

"Aww, thanks Zoë."
"You're not gonna say it back are you."
"You know I don't celebrate this day."
"Well I do and I have a date so yeah, I have to love and leave you, chomma. "
"With who is this date?"
"I'll tell you some other time. I have to get home and get ready for this hot date. See you."
"Enjoy yourself."
"You know I will."

Aïda found herself thinking about the past again.

*Flashback Starts*

"So Aden, do you still want to continue with the lessons? You did much better today. Maybe one day you'll be a professional surfer. " Aïda said, as they gazed at the ocean in front of them.
" Yes." Aden answered.

Aïda noticed that Aden had been nervous the entire day, in fact he's been very distant since he's told her about his mom a week prior. He has even been absent from school on the previous Thursday.