Chapter 3

A/N - what the fuck we hit 100 reads!! Early chapter as a thank you 🥰

~~~

I don't recall falling asleep last night, well this morning, I was still in my clothes and I felt gross so I got into the shower. After looking outside and deciding I'd roast to death in another hoodie I put on cycling shorts and a T-shirt, by the time I stepped out of my room it was midday.

Down in the kitchen which I located easily sat my three eldest brothers; Zane was at the breakfast bar with a mug in hand - the guy was already in a suit, a navy blue one to be precise. Scott was sat in the sitting area which was on a lower level of the open plan room, he was wearing red plaid pyjama bottoms and a white T-shirt, he looked shattered still.

Caleb was at the dining table practically swimming in paper, it was fucking everywhere and I knew he wasn't enjoying what he was doing due to the frown etched on his face and the tightness he was squeezing his pen with.

"Morning", I announced my presence and they all looked over at the doorway; Zane just stared, Scott smiled and Caleb smirked.

"How'd you sleep bebita?", Scott asked before breaking out into a yawn.

"I slept great, I don't even remember falling asleep, still tired?".

"That's not even the half of it - what do you wanna eat?".

"Uh....can anyone make pancakes?", I asked sheepishly and a smile tugged at Zane's lips.

"I'll do it"; Xander appeared out of nowhere, stepping beside me to enter the room, "you can come in, we don't bite".

"Right", I blushed, deciding to join Scott on the sofa, "and thanks".

"Yeah whatever", I swear that was his catchphrase, "where's Chase?".

"Out with Felix", Caleb spoke up, I'd barely heard him say anything since I got here.

"Felix is Chase's best friend", Scott answered my unspoken question, "they've known each other for 16 years".

"The same amount of time I've been alive, almost anyway".

"It's August 11th - your 16th tomorrow, anything in mind?", I hadn't even thought about my damn birthday, I hadn't celebrated it for three years now.

"Nope", I shrugged, "last time I celebrated was my thirteenth".

"Good luck getting no celebration here", Xander muttered as he whisked the batter way too forcefully.

"What did the bowl do to hurt you?", I teased and he rolled his eyes, slowing down his speed nonetheless, "and honestly? I'm fine with just spending the day here".

"Then that's what we'll do", Scott grinned, yawning again.

"How much sleep did you get Prescott?", Zane piped up from behind us, it appeared he only spoke when he felt he needed to.

"Enough to last us for our meeting".

"That's not an answer".

"I don't know, 2 hours?", he shrugged and my eyes widened, "I'm fine, I'll sleep later".

"That's the insomnia talking", Caleb scoffed, "you're really making him go to that meeting?".

"If he says he's fine, he can attend; if not Prescott-", Zane was interrupted by the brother in question who dismissed him instantly.

"I'm fine, I already said that", he sighed, the way his leg was bouncing signalled he was getting uncomfortable.

"You always say that", Caleb spoke up and Scott tensed, "whatever, attend it - see if I care when you're tearing up the place in your state". It sounded like Caleb had the concern for our brother, he just didn't display it in the right way at all.