Chapter 11

A/N - in my broke era rn😍

~~~

"No phones at the dinner table mi amor", it had been a while since Zane had called me that, I didn't even realise that he was talking to me at first.

"Sorry", I tucked it away and picked up my fork, "this looks great Xander". There was no lie there, my youngest older brother had been in the kitchen for hours and produced the sexiest looking roast dinner ever - I could cry looking at it.

"Yeah whatever", he nodded, tucking into his own. The day he was able to take a compliment would be one of sentimental value.

My phone beeped thrice from my pocket and I glanced down, continuing to eat.

"Who's that spamming your phone?", Xav picked up a roast potato with his fingers and dropped it into his mouth whole.

"Do you want the lie or the truth?", I smirked and he rolled his eyes.

"So it's Ezra", he hummed and I narrowed my eyes at him, "what? You go on like his name's poison".

"To them it is", I side-eyed Caleb and Xander who stayed quiet, "he just said he's taking me out on October 4th".

"Cute", Xav grinned, "right guys?".

"Yeah. Cute", Cay shoved a load of carrots into his mouth and chewed harshly, "I'll drop you".

"Uh, he's picking me up actually", I revealed and a smile tugged at his lips, oh dear.

"Even better", he muttered, "I'm sure we can rough him up a little and-".

"No we won't", Xander scoffed, "kid doesn't like being touched, you won't get far with that Cub". Everyone turned to me and I shrugged, what did they want me to say?

"Yep, you won't get far", I repeated some of Xander's statement and looked back down at my plate, "there shouldn't be an issue with me going out with someone who's a little different".

"I second that", Xav raised a hand, "are we forgetting everyone at this table - excluding you I believe Izzy - has something classed as a disorder or disability?". Nobody spoke after he said that and I sat up in my seat.

"You do?", I pondered, "do you mind me asking what?".

"The diabetes, we had a conversation about that", Zane recalled and I nodded, I'd forgotten about that.

"You did?", Xav frowned.

"And I'm sure she's sussed out your ADHD Xavier", he added and Xav smiled sheepishly. I hadn't, but I guess it made sense.

"That obvious huh?", his cheeks took on a more red tint and he scratched the back of his neck, I didn't want him to be embarrassed.

"Yep", Xander and Caleb replied and I chuckled before giving Xav a look that said 'ignore them'.

"I've got tons of shit", Xander spoke up, "nothing worth getting into detail with". Guess he was leaving it at that.

"Same - tons of shit but nothing worth sharing I mean", Caleb piled up a little bit of everything on his plate onto his fork and stuffed it into his mouth, "I'm all good though". I grimaced at him speaking with his mouth full and Xander slapped his head after telling him he was fucking disgusting.

"What about you Scott?", the brother in question had been dead silent the whole mealtime, his plate was untouched and he was literally sitting there just staring at it.

"Scott?", Xav sung his name slightly but no reply came, "is he dead?".

"Figuratively, yes", Caleb sighed, standing up and putting a hand on his older brother's back which made him flinch, "come on, we need a word upstairs". Scott gazed around the table in his dazed state and I gave him a weak smile, he only stood and left with Caleb in return.