Chapter 9

A/N - I got a D in law😃

Enjoyyy <3

~~~

"Well hello darlin'", I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the nickname, "you look hot today". I really don't think I did, I looked a state today; I'd started my period last night and had been experiencing cramps since, my brothers were all concerned when I didn't eat breakfast and just drank water instead.

"I look like a tramp", I muttered, "you're the one who looks hot Ezra".

There was no lie there; he'd ditched the tank top and beanie combo today - he was in black cargos with an oversized Lakers t-shirt, black and white Jordan's and a chain; my eyes were being blessed.

"Tramp my ass", he chuckled, "hot drink? Look like you could do with one".

"Is that an insult?", I raised an eyebrow as we stepped into the building; I'd left the twins in Xander's car to argue over something surrounding him running a red light this morning (he did).

"It means whatever you want it to mean darlin'", he shrugged. So ominous for what? We made it to the cafeteria and Ezra ordered as always, I handed him my card as always and we took a seat at a table.

"Hot chocolate?", I asked after taking a sip of my drink. He nodded once and gulped some of his black coffee.

"Switchin' it up", he shrugged, "now, explain why you seem off". He was like Zane, the guy literally quizzed me this morning until I revealed what was happening to me; he stared, nodded once and disappeared.

"I'm on my period", I replied and his eyes widened for a moment before he regained composure, "I'm gonna drop dead".

"Givin' it to me straight huh?", he smirked, "anythin' I can do?".

"No", I groaned, lowering my head onto the probably unsanitary surface and wincing as the dull pain filled my stomach, back and thighs.

"You sure?", he asked uncertainly.

"No", I muttered and he chuckled, "can we go to the library?".

"Sure thing darlin'", he took my hot chocolate for me and led the way, what a gentleman.

~

"You look like shit", of course that was the first thing I was met with, "did you get dressed today?".

"Hey", Ezra warned, "I said she looked hot".

"Did you now?", Amelia wiggled her eyebrows at me and I scoffed, "okay, we have news".

"You learned how to do makeup?", Cooper asked and I choked on my hot chocolate, Ezra's eyes widened as he went to pat my back but froze, a slight blush covering his cheeks.

"Fuckin' help her then", he ordered as Cooper began slapping my back, "not so hard you dick".

"It's fine, I'm fine", I coughed before laughing, "okay, what's the news?".

"Me and Gray turn 17 in 9 days", she grinned, "we're throwing a party, it's a Friday night so you can all sleep over". I was in need of a party.

"Ezra, we're going present shopping", I declared and he saluted me, "I need an outfit too".

"You could wear that and look hot darlin'", Ezra winked and Amelia gagged, "should I call Atlas over here?".

"You wouldn't fucking dare", she scowled, "I hate you".

"Love you too", he grinned before leaning towards me with his arms crossed, "it's a date darlin'".

~~