Chapter 37 pt.1

A/N - split it again cuz I acc wanted to upload SOMETHING today...

9k HOWW❤️

TW - this chapter contains brief mentions of attempted suicide

~~~

"This bed is making my ass hurt", I choked on the popcorn I'd just thrown into my mouth and slapped my chest, Xander's palm came down on my back and whacked it.

"Ow", I scowled at him, he surrendered and moved his hand away, "well apparently the doctor said you can try and get back on your feet today".

"Forget getting back on my feet", he threw a piece of popcorn in the air and caught it in his mouth, "I wanna get back on the ice".

Xav hadn't exactly spoken about what happened; we didn't even know how much he remembered - the doctors said his memory was bound to be patchy for the next couple of weeks.

"Maybe we should wait a bit for that yeah? Get you home at least?", Xav's expression faltered for a second, he gazed down at his lap before nodding.

"Yeah. Sorry", he replied and I frowned.

"You don't need to apologise Xav, just gotta take it slow for a bit yeah?", I reached out for his hand and squeezed it with a smile.

"I know", he nodded, "where's the others?". He'd asked Xander that question no more than ten minutes ago.

"Zane's speaking to the doctors, Scott is getting you more stuff, Cay is god knows where and Chase is getting us food", he repeated his answer, just as patiently as the last time.

"What food?", he asked, at least he had his priorities straight.

"I don't know, some pasta or something", he shrugged.

"All Chase eats is pasta", he complained, "I wanna get up".

"I gotta give it to you, I don't know how you've sat there for the past week", Xander chuckled, "you wanna get up?". Xav nodded eagerly and Xander stood, pulling the thin-ass blanket off of his twin and allowing him to sit up.

"My legs feel like they've turned to concrete", he complained, swinging them over the edge, "fuck".

"Okay old man, up you get", Xander grabbed onto Xav's wrists and hauled him up into a standing position, "you good?".

"Yeah, just need to stretch", I'd never heard so many bones crack in my life; sounding like a fucking tree branch, "shit that feels good".

"Jesus christ", I muttered, "go on then, take a walk on the catwalk". Xav cracked a smile and wandered off towards the door, standing about an inch away from it and sighing in content.

"Tell me I didn't look hot", he glanced between the pair of us, Xander perched himself on the edge of the hospital bed and rolled his eyes.

"You didn't look hot", he mumbled.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion Xander, I- ow!", it took everything in me not to laugh when Xav was hit by the fucking door as it flew open, "the fuck?".

"Why are you out of bed?", Chase frowned as he slid through the gap with a bag of food in his hands, "why is he out of bed?".

"Because I wanted to", he shrugged, walking back over to the bed and sitting next to Xander, "you bought food?".

"Course I bought food", Chase sat next to me and ripped open the bag like he was a kid on Christmas, "you two excited for your birthday tomorrow?".

"I don't have a boyfriend and we're in hospital, I'm not exactly ecstatic Chase", Xander snapped- where the hell did that come from?, "shit, I didn't- that wasn't a dig at you Xav".