Chapter 12

A/N - UK heat can only last so long...😪

Enjoyyyy <3

~~~

"Good morning my five favourite people", I slid into the kitchen with my fluffy socks on and grabbed onto the counter, "what's for breakfast?".

"Enough with the sappy shit", Xander grumbled, sneezing into his sleeve and groaning, "just- nobody speak". Well wasn't he joyous today.

"Ignore him, poor little Alexander's got a cold", Xav was laughing at his twin, oblivious to the fork that was about to be sent flying in his direction.

"Alexander", Zane stopped that happening instantly and Xander lowered his hand, "there's pastries in the cupboard mi amor, our chef here is taking a sick day".

"Just you and me today Izzy", Xav beamed, "Cub, what did you do with my hair gel?".

"I used it a week ago and gave it back", Caleb and Scott were sitting at the dining table in the far corner of the room with bowls in front of them, "if you can't find it, that's a you problem". Drowning out the rest of their conversation I located the pastries and dumped a few onto a plate, taking a seat away from my infected brother and instead sitting by Caleb and Scott.

"So, your date", I was fucking waiting for Caleb to bring it up, "this boy...".

"Ezra", I answered when I realised him waving his hand repeatedly was actually him waiting for me to tell him his name.

"Ezra", he nodded, "what's he like?".

"Leave her alone, see for yourself when he picks her up", Scott mumbled barely audibly and I gazed up at him - I hadn't heard him speak in 5 days and I'd fucking missed his voice.

"And the brother with sense strikes again", I shoved half a croissant into my mouth and groaned, "these taste fucking amazing".

"Table manners Bella", I glared at Xander as he sniffed.

"And watch your mouth", Zane added his input while adjusting his cuffs, "I'm out until six, what time is Ezra coming Isabella?".

"Six-thirty", I replied and stood up, I was full already and for once actually wanted to get to school, "can we leave soon Xav?".

"Sure thing, I just need my headphones, bag, and Jeep keys", I ran off to find all three, knowing the guy would take an eternity to do it himself.

~~

"I need your advice - again", I had been sitting at our table in the library for all of ten minutes and I'd already been pestered by everyone present. I was also worried because there was no sign of Ezra, nor was he answering my texts and it was kinda an unspoken rule that if you don't see or hear from a person on the day you've made plans - they're cancelled.

"What's up Gray?", he seemed just as on edge as he did when I caught him ripping up pictures of Elliott and him in his bedroom.

"Me and Elliott are talking again, taking it slow", he revealed and I smiled, "we took a break, like you said and it's going okay so uh- I wanna take him on a date".

"And you need a suggestion?", I brought my knees up to my chest and hummed when he nodded, "okay, what does he like?".

"Motorbikes, alcohol, comics, shitty teen romances", he reeled off and I chuckled.

"Combine the alcohol and the shitty romances, make it chill - cook something for you guys, little gestures like that are always cute", I suggested and Amelia squealed.

"Look at you with all the knowledge", she chuckled, "Gray can't cook for shit, I can't cook for shit, and Theo- you guessed it, can't cook for shit".

"I'll do it", I volunteered and Gray's head snapped towards me, "give me the date and time and I'll cook for your date Gray".