Chapter 33

A/N - we're nearly at 5k HELP

LONGEST CHAPTER YET HERE <3

ENJOY!!

~~~

Isabella

Two weeks later

Fridays meant one thing and one thing only for me. Catch up on all the missed sleep this past week, eat ice cream, and watch movies.

Going on a date with Ezra tonight wasn't on that agenda, but I'm sure I could make an exception.

Plus, my brothers were practically grouping together in pairs and avoiding each other like the plague: Cay had been spending a lot of time with Xav, as had Xander (when he was actually home - which trust me, wasn't a lot recently), Scott and Zane were together as always, and I was kinda just floating between all five of them.

Soon to be six, it was the 5th of April today which meant we had a week till Chase came back home, I couldn't wait to see him again.

Anyway, back to this date...all I had to go off of was Ezra's text: 'wear smth comfy - see u at 9xx'. So much detail.

My definition of comfy was joggers and one of my brothers' hoodies - so that's exactly what I wore. I put my hair up into a messy bun and sprayed some perfume before going to the kitchen to make a quick coffee, I had like twenty-five minutes to kill and I was making the most of it.

"You look homeless", Xander commented as soon as I stepped into the room; he and Xav were sitting at the island with sandwiches in front of them.

"I got the inspiration from you", I turned on the coffee machine and faced them both, managing to catch the small smile on Xav's face before it disappeared again, "this is your hoodie too".

"Where are you going?", he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Ezra's taking me out", I replied and he frowned, "I don't know where before you ask, it's a surprise".

"Does Zane know?", he took a bite of his sandwich and watched me.

"You're in no place to ask me if Zane knows, you've pulled four disappearing acts this week", I called him out and another smile tugged at Xav's lips, "of course he knows".

"No need to get your hair in a twist", he muttered, "or a...haystack in your case".

"Are you just gonna pick apart my whole appearance today?", I sipped my coffee and grinned- so fucking good, "what are you two doing on this fine evening?".

"Watching Tangled", Xander mumbled, "his idea, not mine".

"Of course it was his, he has good movie taste", I deadpanned and Xav smiled again; I'd missed his smile, "well, enjoy, don't have too much fun without me".

"Don't flatter yourself", Xander scoffed and I rolled my eyes, "don't you have somewhere to be?".

"Leave her alone", Xav nudged his twin and turned to me,  "have fun Izzy".

"Thank you, Xav", I squinted at Xander and he scoffed, "enjoy your film".

I walked around the island and hugged Xav first, my arms hanging over his shoulders as I pressed my face into his back; he held my wrist and gave it a gentle squeeze before I did the same to Xander, he stayed as stiff as a plank of wood before eventually shaking me off. Typical.

~~

I still didn't know what this date entailed, but if we were going off of the heap of blankets in Ezra's car and the fact that he was being swallowed by one of the biggest hoodies I'd ever seen, I could assume that it wasn't gonna involve much moving around. I hoped so anyway.