Chapter 40

A/N - Short chapter but I had to post smth it's been too long...

Thank you for 12k and 13k holy shit❤️

Also all of the active commenters I love you more than life 😩😩😩

~~~

"You're going on a fucking what?", jesus christ he was so loud for what?

"I know you're dyslexic Cub, but surely you don't need me to spell it out", I coughed out a laugh at Scott's reply.

"You're funny, honestly", he rolled his eyes.

"Is she real?", Xander asked as he turned around from his position on the sofa.

"Yeah, this isn't a side effect from your meds right?", Xav chimed in and I couldn't hold back my laugh, they were something else.

"Leave him alone", I chuckled, "I think it's sweet". Scott's cheeks turned the slightest shade of red, I probably wouldn't have spotted it if I was standing any further away from him.

"What's her name?", Zane spoke up for the first time since our brother had made his announcement; his neutral facial expression gave nothing away about his opinion on all of this.

"Makayla", he scratched the back of his next, "I've been seeing her for a few weeks and-".

"You didn't tell us?", Xav gasped, "what is with the secrets?".

"You just asked me if I was hallucinating Xavier", Scott raised an eyebrow and fiddled with his sleeves, "I didn't announce this for your approval anyway, we like each other, I'm taking her out". Don't blame him for getting defensive.

"We weren't being serious man", Cay grabbed Scott's shoulders and shook him with a chuckle, "you like her, who the fuck are we to stop you?".

"Yeah, go get your girl", Xav grinned, throwing an arm around my shoulder, "pancakes?".

"How could I say no to that?", I grinned, "just us?".

"I think a break from them would be beneficial", he steered me towards the kitchen doorway, "enjoy your date Scotty boy".

"Have fun Scott!", I called over my shoulder as Xav opened the front door, "chill, the pancakes aren't going anywhere".

"You don't know that", he narrowed his eyes at me and tapped his foot impatiently, "hurry up". I swear all he cared about was food.

~

I'd decided to bring some schoolwork I needed to catch up on to the pancake place, I swear to you, Xav had been staring at me like I'd grown two heads since I put it on the table.

"This is embarrassing, you're embarrassing me", he gazed around and stabbed his fork into his stack of chocolate chip pancakes and groaned, "you're worse than Chase".

"I will take that as a compliment", I tapped his ear with my pen and his face scrunched up, "you wanna help?". He paused all movements and raised an eyebrow at me, yeah stupid question.

"You're funny, honestly", he ruffled my hair and carried on eating, "holy shit, it's July tomorrow". As random as his comment was, he was right. Where was the time going?

"It's nearly my birthday", I grinned; for the first time in years I was actually excited to celebrate it, "better start planning presents".

"Oh please, I do everything last minute", he rolled his eyes, "plus, plenty of time".

He wouldn't be saying that in a few weeks time.

"Sure", I tapped my pen on the desk and glanced down at my paper, "any birthdays this month?".