Chapter 41

A/N - I did my exam and got some sudden motivation so here <3

We're nearing the end and I wanna cry...

~~~

"You two make me sick", I kept running my thumb across the back of Ezra's hand and my gaze remained on the road, I assumed Amelia was talking to Gray and Cooper in the backseat.

"What have we done now?", Gray asked with a sigh, Ezra's lips lifted into a small smile.

"Not you, them", his smile vanished and I turned to face her; she was crammed in between her twin and our friend with her arm folded, "they're literally holding hands while he drives".

"Don't you have your own boyfriend?", Gray frowned.

"Don't you?", she raised an eyebrow and he shut up, "I will die because of the cuteness".

"I'm sure you have plenty of 'cuteness' with Atlas", Ezra squeezed my hand while keeping his eyes on the road, "darlin', you want a coffee?". It was fucking boiling today, so much so that insteaad of wearing actual clothes to the beach I was already in a bikini - I don't even know how the guy was considering coffee right now.

"It's too hot for coffee", I declined and he hummed.

"You're too hot for coffee", he muttered, intertwining our fingers, "if the beach is too packed-".

"We won't stay", Gray interrupted, "we're here to have a good time, not have you uncomfortable man".

"Thanks", Ezra breathed out, parking his car and ruffling his hair, "do I get paid for being the taxi?".

"Nope", we all answered, opening the doors and climbing out.

The sun blazed down on my skin and I grinned, this was better than the weather in London anyday. Cooper came over and ruffled my hair, I slapped his shoulder and stepped away from him as he went to pull his surfboard out of the car. Don't even ask how we fit it in there.

"The prophecies better be true, you better be good", I narrowed my eyes at him and he laughed, leaning the board against the car and tying the drawstrings on his white swim shorts.

"I am good Izzy", he scoffed, "I live in the water".

"Okay Spongebob", I snorted, grinning when Ezra's arms slid around my waist, "hello to you too".

"You look beautiful right now", he kissed my neck and Cooper groaned.

"I'm so single", he muttered, grabbing the board and starting to walk away, "hurry up, I wanna hit the waves".

"You always wanna hit the damn waves", Gray shut all the car doors and grabbed Amelia's wrist, "come on, I wanna be buried in the sand".

"You're such a child", she complained, letting him lead her onto the sand nonetheless; I turned around to face Ezra and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"You okay?", I asked and he nodded way too quickly, "Ezra". His eyes met mine and he swallowed, wringing his hands together against my back as his arms draped over my shoulders.

"I'm fine darlin'", and I didn't believe that for a second, "don't look at me like that, I'll tell you if I'm not".

"Good", I hummed, kissing him again before beginning to pull him towards the beach, "because I want you to bury me in the sand".

"Goddamn", he muttered, obliging nonetheless. As he should.

~

"We're getting ice cream, you're all an embarrassment", I flipped off all the boys and grabbed Amelia's arm, dragging her away from the group of lazy fuckers and towards the street, away from the beach, "how can you come to the beach and not get ice cream?".