Chapter 16

A/N - I'm 40 pages away from finishing the Devil's Night series and idk what to do with myself

THANK YOU FOR 1K+ READS HOLY SHIT ❤️

~~~

We'd fucking outdone ourselves.

Xav and I were amazing, and nobody could tell me otherwise. We'd spent the entirety of the 29th driving around town looking for decorations as well as a fat shopping list of baking stuff that Scott had sent us searching for; I'd never seen Xav so focused in my life as we jumped from shop to shop, although at one point we did stop to eat popcorn because he was getting overwhelmed.

We got back home at nine that day and after eating dinner, cooked by Xander who had eventually resurfaced from his room after his ordeal the night before, we kicked everyone upstairs and began to decorate the place.

Bats were dangling from the ceilings, spiders were on the walls, pumpkins lined the hallways and cobwebs were scattered all over the place - we'd had to listen to Caleb complain about tripping over stuff for days now.

But it had finally paid off.

Xander had gone out and bought as much alcohol as he fucking could, and Scott had baked till the oven was practically broken - and don't get me started on the costumes...

I hadn't expected Zane to even dress up, it had taken long enough to convince him to let us do this in the first place, so you can imagine our shock when the guy strolled down the stairs dressed as a fucking vampire.

Yeah, you heard me right.

He was in his usual suit (minus the tie) with a black cloak draped over his shoulders; there was fake blood on either side of his mouth and he'd claimed this was him going all out- I'd take it.

Scott was dressed as a prisoner and god he'd gone full out; an orange jumpsuit, fake bruises on his face courtesy of me - and I'm sure the guy had rolled around in the mud outside to get the desired effect on his outfit. Not to mention the guy had handcuffed his hands together, claiming the key was tucked away safe and sound in his pocket; I knew it was only a matter of time before he lost it.

Caleb, claiming that Friday the 13th was his favourite horror franchise, had decided to dress as Jason; his outfit was spot on, from the brown jacket and black cargos to the mask and fucking machete.

He'd scared Xander earlier and that was the first time I'd heard a high-pitched scream come from him, probably the last too - let's just say he gave Cay a nice punch in the face for that one.

I fucking pissed myself when I saw Xander and Xav's costumes, I had to cling onto Caleb for support and wipe the tears from my eyes when they came down the stairs together.

Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Xav was Thing 1, I don't know how he'd convinced Xander to be Thing 2, and they each were wearing their respective red t-shirts with red joggers and had spray dyed their hair blue. And to spice it up, they'd put in all-black contacts and had blood coming from the corners of their eyes - not scary at all. They'd dragged Talon to be a part of their costume too - he was the Cat in the Hat.

The Cat in the Hat if he got hit by a fucking truck; his costume was perfect, but he was covered in blood and brandishing an axe. I didn't even wanna know.

Ezra and I had agreed to go in a couple's costume, his words not mine, so we settled on the generic angel and demon duo - but of course I wanted to spice it up a little bit. So on top of our white and red outfits (mine a dress and his a tracksuit) I had a slit in my throat thanks to special effects makeup and Ezra was walking around with the knife, covered in fake blood. Genius.