Chapter 27

A/N - out of the kindness of my heart... JK TY FOR 3K READS WTF❤️

~~~

Isabella

Zane had been a man on a mission lately.

Ever since the whole letter fiasco, he'd barely let me out of his sight; and to an outsider it may look like he was being over the top, but I knew him knowing I was safe was keeping his mind at ease.

It had been a week since we'd gotten back and found the letter; I hadn't been back to school for my own safety apparently- the twins too, although they didn't seem too eager to go in anyway. I'd been visited by Ezra and the twins afterschool a few times, I'd given the most watered-down version of the story ever and told them I didn't know when I'd be back, who knows when I'd be back.

And because I was practically on house arrest for the foreseeable future, I was gonna be trapped inside for Valentine's Day, which was in 4 days time - to my fucking shock, Ezra had asked Zane for permission to hang out with me here instead; my eldest brother said yes in a heartbeat and I knew it was because already felt guilty about keeping me trapped in here.

I didn't mind all too much, I was doing my schoolwork from the comfort of my bed with the twins as company most days and it was bearable.

Caleb wasn't doing too good, with all the stress about Santiago as well as August's upcoming anniversary (which I'd learned was February 16th), he wasn't in high spirits right now.

Theo had been over a lot too, I think they needed each other's company at a time like this; although instead of speaking to his best friend, he'd been chatting my ears off for the past fifteen minutes.

"So you're telling me you turned down actual dates because of a long running joke?", I slid my pen behind my ear and chose to completely ignore my homework's existence, "why?".

"Because I'd pick- I'd pick my friends over a girl", he shrugged, "and it was tr-tr-tr, it was trad-d-d uh, it was tradition".

"To go on a three person date", I clarified and he nodded with a grin, "you guys are crazy".

"It was August's idea", Cay spoke up with a distant look on his face, "and now it's tradition".

"I think it's sweet that you guys carry that on", I smiled, "what are you doing this year?".

"Candle-lit d-d-dinner at mine", Theo wiggled his eyebrows and Cay cracked a genuine smile, thank god for Theo.

"Of course it is", I chuckled, "well I'll be here waiting for the juicy details afterwards".

"Yes ma'am", Theo saluted me, "okay, let's leave the- leave the- leave the bookworm to study". He ruffled my hair before grabbing Cay's shoulder; my brother sent me a small smile before following his best friend out of the room and upstairs - I'd rather have Caleb screaming and shouting than have him this quiet.

~~

"Are you sure you're okay Izzy?", if I had a pound- or a dollar I guess, for every time Chase had asked if I was okay this past week, I'd have enough to buy us all McDonald's by now; even a five hour flight away he was still worrying about me as if he was here.

"I'm fine Chase", I insisted yet again, "are you? This affects you too". He'd actually had the audacity to blame the bags under his eyes on my 'pixelated screen' earlier - my screen was not pixelated. I could see his distress as clear as day.

"I'm fine", he grumbled, "doing anything exciting for Valentine's tomorrow?". Always changing the subject.

"Considering I'm confined to this house, Ezra and I are making do here", I shrugged, "you still haven't met him, he needs the Chase stamp-of-approval". He chuckled and ran a hand through his hair, he had it tied up in a small bun at the back of his head today and had complained about needing a haircut twice.