BONUS (100k!!)

It's been 4 months since I touched this book omg-

WE HIT 100K WHAT😧🫶🏾

If you read this book and fell in love with the Delgado siblings, and all the other characters, THANK YOU!!

If you read this book and hated all of the characters THANK YOU TOO LMAO

If you commented on the book, or if you were a silent reader ILY ❤️❤️

And if you voted on any of the chapters I love you guys too <3

No way did I expect 100,000 reads on this book I'm acc shook tf 🧍🏾‍♀️sooo as a thank you, I thought I'd give you guys a few bonus scenes as well as a surprise hehe...

~~~

1. Xav's letter for Zane on his 27th bday

To Zane (aka the most protective, tallest, and most patient person I know),

If you're reading this, you're one year closer to death - happy birthday :). I hope you're reading it in a private place, as much as I love the others, there's some stuff I wanna say to you and just you.

Do you remember that time when I was 9 and you grounded Xander for making all the white washing pink? That was me. Sorry. I've waited 9 years to get that off my chest.

Anyway, I hope 27 treats you well because you deserve it- we all think you deserve it, even if you don't think you do. You have a boyfriend now, I don't know where that came from but we can see how you look at him. You're in love big brother.

Finally.

Anyway, you don't give yourself enough credit Zane, if you give yourself any at all. It's because of you that I'm sitting at my paper covered desk on a beanbag writing this letter to you with me shitty handwriting and shitty attention span.

It's because of you that I'm still here.

I mean, technically you could say it's because of the doctors that saved my stupid ass, but I think it was because of you. When I did what I did- when I tried to take my life, I feel like I should say it out loud (or on paper), all I could think about was how I was letting you down. You went through worse for longer, way longer, and I just jumped straight to ending it all at the first opportunity? I'm not half the man you were, or are, and I never will be.

I know that.

I'm sorry for doing it, for letting you down, and for not talking to you about it. Woah, this is the most I've written in years.

Enough of the sad talk anyway, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for putting up with my energetic ass for nearly ten years, thank you for helping me when I was doing shit in school (still am), thank you for protecting me, keeping it a secret whenever I'd wet the bed (can't believe I just said that), for your hugs, for wiping my tears (whether they were from a fight with Xander, me getting angry over math homework, or when I lost Asher), for being able to read me like an open book 24/7.

Even though that last one still scares the shit out of me.

Thank you for never buying me jeans, letting me believe in Santa even though the others gave me shit for it, for buying endless amounts of popcorn, for being patient. I'm gonna sound like an idiot if I don't already, but your patience is your best quality...in my opinion anyway. You were patient when I'd wonder around the kitchen with my dinner because I couldn't sit still like everyone else, you were patient when you'd have to come in for school meetings about my behaviour, you were patient with trying to get me to sleep every night, no matter how much I'd talk to you about my day... and you were patient when it came to bringing Izzy home.