Chapter 39

A/N - look who's back‼️

We hit 11k on the 11th ❤️ and we're nearly at 12k HELP

Idek what this chapter is...

~~~

"Where are you taking him? The fucking Atlantic?", everyone in the room stared at Xander - this is why he has to repeat the school year.

"You mean the Antarctic?", Scott smirked and Caleb laughed.

"Same thing", he waved a hand and cleared his throat.

"This is why you're repeating senior year", Xav shook his head with a chuckle.

"So are you", he frowned.

"Oh yeah", he sighed, "anyway, I'm letting her take Ezra on a date to my ice rink". Letting? I had to beg the guy for like three hours before he gave in.

"You're helping with her dates now?", Caleb narrowed his eyes and I rolled mine.

"I've always been their number one fan", he grinned, "unlike some".

"And who is driving you to this date?", Xander threw a grape at Xav and it bounced off his forehead.

"Ezra", I replied, "I told him we're driving to some restaurant".

"Well, have fun or whatever", he nodded, "I'm going to feed King".

"Dead bugs and heat", Xav mumbled and I laughed.

~~

Ezra was in a bad mood, I could tell. The whole atmosphere was off when I got into his car, he tried to play it off as tiredness but I knew better - I'd cheer him up then get to the bottom of it later.

"And you're sure you were okay after I left?", the guy had asked me that question how many times since Mum's anniversary 3 days ago. After my...outburst and sitting with Scott for fuck knows how long, Ezra showed up- I still don't know who called him, but he stayed with me until it was dark out. I really had the best boyfriend ever.

"I was fine, I am fine", I insisted, "and you? You okay?".

"I will be darlin'", he nodded, "just feeling a little weird today".

"Yeah?", I eyed him carefully; his posture was tense, hands squeezing the wheel, "anything I can do?".

"You're already doing enough darlin'", he shook his head, "so, this restaurant we're going to - what kinda food is it?". Damn him for quizzing me.

"Uh, Italian", I answered with way too much hesitation, "I think you'll like it".

"Yeah?", he hummed, "what's the place called?". Really Ezra?

"Uh, god it slipped my mind", I shrugged and he raised his eyebrows.

"You forgot the name of the place we're driving to right now?", he chuckled and I stayed silent, "y'know you're a bad liar darlin', but I'll go along with it for you".

"Good, stop asking questions", I wanted to kiss that smirk off of his face, "we're nearly there".

"Full of surprises Isabella", he drummed on the wheel, "I'm intrigued". As he should be.

~

"Holy shit", Ezra had whispered that a million times by now, he'd done about four 360s of the rink and stared at it in awe; I'd be as taken aback as he was except Xav had brought me here a week ago to show me around.

"Xav's pride and joy", I chuckled, "okay, let's get skates on and I'll show you how it's done".

Now, from learning that my boyfriend had never ice skated before I knew we were in for a ride, but I didn't expect this much of a ride. I'd nearly pissed myself at least ten times.