Chapter 42

A/N - well I'm back sooner rather than later...enjoy <3

The end is near...👀

~~~

I wolfed back every crumb of the pancakes that were on my plate, then jumped down from my stool and grabbed my bag; I was met with five confused looking pairs of eyes which each belonged to the mannequins I had to call my brothers.

"What?", I frowned, "why do you all look like that?".

"Why are you excited for school?", Xander scrunched up his face in disgust and untied his apron, "it's worrying".

"You're worrying", I squinted at him and decided to play with fire, "you're the one who punched Scott 6 days ago".

"Your point?", he waved a hand and I rolled my eyes, "go get ready, we're leaving in five".

"Your last day of junior year Isabella, enjoy it", Zane spoke up as I took one step out of the kitchen.

"And say hi to Jake and Parker from me!", Xav added; he'd missed a whopping five months of school and seemed okay with starting fresh over again in September...Xander not so much.

"I will!", I shouted back, going to put my shoes on - how the fuck had I made it through a whole year of school?

~

"Oh no, no, no!", Xander smacked his dashboard and groaned, "really? Fucking really?". I gazed at Ezra in the backseat and he shrugged, as did I.

"What?", I frowned at my brother who muttered some prayer under his breath and raised his head, his face flushed.

"That's Marco's car", he pointed at a black Porsche and clenched a fist, "that means they're inside". Eli and Zeke were here?

"How do you know it's not just Marco?", I asked him and he chuckled, no amusement in it though.

"If it's just him, he drives the Lamborghini", he replied, "I don't need this many people in the fucking house-  no offence Ezra".

"None taken", he unbuckled his seatbelt, "so who's inside?".

"Our cousins, Marco, Emiliano, Elijah and Ezekiel", I smiled, "the twins were who I was in that police chase with".

"Still can't believe that", Xander smirked, "mierda, alright, let's go in - maybe they've finally fucking dealt with the guy who grabbed you". I mean, I hoped so.

"Dealt with how?", Ezra dared to ask as he leaned forwards, I made eye contact with Xander who bit back a smile and gazed at me knowingly.

"Killed", he gave it to him with no sugar coating and I swatted his shoulder, "what? He asked!". For fuck's sake. Ezra stared at me with wide eyes and I cleared my throat.

"We're going inside", I announced and he nodded, climbing out of his seat and following me towards the front door.

Sure enough, I could hear the twins' voices from the second I stepped inside, Ezra kicked off his shoes and engulfed my hand in his.

I ran my thumb across his knuckles and led him into the kitchen - Xander was right, there were a lot of people in here. Zane, Scott and Marco were seated at the table, all three of them in identical grey suits and a...gun in front of my cousin.

Emiliano was on the sofa with Caleb and Xav, Ash was on his lap and licking his face while he laughed. And finally the twins were sat up on the kitchen island, a bag of crisps in between them.

"Here she is!", Eli clapped, jumping down and licking his fingers, "woah, new person".

"Wash your hands before you come near me", I jabbed a finger at his chest and he surrendered, "you guys are back".