Chapter 76: JAXX

Nova was still out dress shopping, right now Alex was playing peekaboo with Atlas and Phoenix. I looked at Noah, who was holding Nyx as he typed on his phone.

He won't let go of her. It's cute really, if Nova can make that fucker soft, we just know his daughter can do some damage."

Alex got up and set Phoenix and Atlas back in their cribs. It was time for their nap time. I looked at the clock.

3:30 pm.

Alex reached for Nyx and Noah shoved him away. " bro?"

" you've got to let her go at some point."

Noah glared at Alex, but I watched as he loosened his grip on Nyx. " we treat them equally." Alex said. " yeah but she's still my daughter." Noah turned his head the other way.

" I'm not going to hurt her." Alex approached her again and slowly took her out of Noah's arms. This time he left him. " See, she's basically like a daughter to me as well." Alex smiled down at Nyx. " go ahead and put her in the damn crib before you drop her!" Noah spat. "alright alright."

I shook my head with quiet laughter and went back to my book.

I was reading a parental guide to newborns. Last night Nova and I set up a schedule for the triplets.

And so far it was going good, but now since Noah was beyond protective of Nyx she's missed 7 minutes of her 3 hour nap, now she'll be cranky when she wakes.

Thank you, Noah.

She's so much like her father.

I take the triplets to meet my mother tomorrow, I'm excited for her to meet them. I have to remember to request my mother out of the home so she can be there at the wedding. The others might not talk to their parents anymore but I wouldn't let my mother miss this for the world.

....

When Nova came back she ran into her room, hiding her dress. She came back and smiled at us. " you found a dress?"

" yeah, it's perfect." She sang as she walked over to the triplets cribs. " of course you're the only one awake." She reached into Nyx's crib and picked her up. " One is up you might as well wake them all up." I said walking over to the boys.

" I suppose we can go off the schedule for today." She gestured for me to grab one of the boys. Noah reached over and asked for Nyx. Nova handed her over and grabbed Atlas, as I grabbed Phoenix.

" Can I feed her today?" Noah looked at Nova. Nova laughed. " Why are you asking, she's you're daughter too."

Noah is going to take the longest to adjust to being a father. He still doesn't know if he's doing it right.

He hasn't said one curse word to me or Alex in a few days. He's going soft.

Good.