Unexpected Visitor

NOTE:

SOOOO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS UNNECESSARILY LONG ;LKAJSDLFJ IT GOT OUT OF HAND HHHHHH ENJOY!!
TW: vomiting, nausea, morning sickness and pregnancy symptoms

______________________

The stillness in the empty living room was broken by the sudden shimmer of fairy-like glitter that appeared in the open space between the couch and TV stand. Two figures slowly materialized amidst the light, their silhouettes shifting and glitching until Uraraka and Devin fell to their knees on the carpet.

He shook and dug his palms into the fibers, coughing and heaving uncomfortably while Uraraka's head pounded and spun as though she'd just stepped off a dizzying ride at a theme park. "Ugh... how- " Before she finished her sentence, her stomach lurched and her hand flew to her mouth. Dropping the handle of her suitcase, she looked around in a panic and knew they were in some kind of apartment; whether or not it was the correct apartment could wait. Stumbling to her feet, she panicked and looked around frantically until she spotted a door cracked open to her right.

Please be a bathroom! Pushing open the door, she felt around the wall for a light switch and, when the bulbs above the sink lit up, lurched forward onto the toilet. The trip must've really shaken her up since she hadn't gotten nauseated like this since she was younger and still learning the limits of her quirk.

With her breakfast emptied into the toilet bowl, Uraraka sighed and wiped her mouth on the back of her hand before standing up to get her bearings. A sink was to her right and a shower to her left where... several bras hung on a plastic hanger from the curtain rod. Um, wh-

A groan from the living room made her turn and panic seeing Devin still sitting on the floor. "Oh, no! Hold on," she said while stepping out to help him, but ran her soiled hands under the faucet first. Her stomach still felt far from normal, but Devin seemed worse off as he sat on the floor against the couch cushions with his eyes closed and a thin layer of sweat coating his brow. "Devin-san? What's wrong? What can I do?" she asked while kneeling down next to him.

It took a moment for him to muster up the will to answer weakly. "Ugh... tired... could use some *cough* water," he mumbled. Uraraka nodded and finally looked around to see if anyone else was in the home where they landed.

"Hello? Anyone here?" Her question went unanswered. Having no idea if this was even the right place, she knew that helping Devin was her top priority. Luckily, a small kitchen was just behind her with a fridge and sink. "Hold on, Devin-san," she said while shuffling past her toppled suitcase to fling open the cabinets in search of a glass. With her hand around the first one she saw, Uraraka turned on the faucet and filled it with room-temperature water before hurrying over to the man on the ground. "Here," she said while gently lifting the glass to his lips. This isn't good. Going this far made him sick... are we even in the right place?

Gulping down nearly half the glass, Devin coughed and let out a shaky sigh. "Thank ya... just, just give me a few minutes," he requested as he took the glass from her and held it securely with both hands.

"Of course." As she stood up, Uraraka heard the crunch of paper under her shoe. Glancing down, she gasped and saw the folded note that Kirishima had taken from Bakugo's room. Both she and Devin needed this to get back home, and Kirishima needed it to, well, stay alive if Bakugo ever found out how it disappeared. Picking it up gingerly, she smoothed it out and set it on the counter. Luckily, her shoes weren't too dirty, but letting anything happen to such an important keepsake wasn't an option.

While she looked around the kitchen, her brown eyes landed on something hung up with magnets on the refrigerator. She walked closer to inspect it and paused. A series of photos that looked like they were taken in some kind of purikura photo booth showed Bakugo and some unknown woman laughing and smiling. She's pretty... and they both look happy... "Guess we have the right place," she muttered with a soft smile. "I wonder where she is, though?"