Day 23

The night came and went without any nightmarish interruptions. You lay snuggled into Bakugo's side in an attempt to shield yourself from the cold when your phone alarm went off. Not wanting to deal with a repeat of the previous day when you were almost late to work, you inched out of his clingy grip and slapped your hand down on your phone to shut off the noise.

Your eyes opened to see your room darker than usual at this early morning hour. When a roll of thunder and a distinct rhythmic patter on the window caught your attention, you realized it was raining outside.

The floor was cool to the touch on your bare feet. You looked back at your bed to see Bakugo curled into a ball, a tuft of pale blonde hair sticking out from the top under the covers he shielded himself with. Carefully and quietly, you gathered up your work clothes for the day before tiptoeing out of your bedroom and into the chilly, dark living room.

You looked through the blinds to the swirling greys of the sky overhead. "Well, today's gonna be dreary." The weather app on your phone told you that it would likely rain all day and possibly into the night. "No walking to work today, either. But traffic will be shit... just great."

Even the water in your shower took an extra minute to heat up this morning. Your period was nearly done at least, which made the end of the week and and near-beginning of the weekend that much sweeter.

Just as Bakugo had suggested, you left your hands free of bandages while continuing to wrap your knee. All of your injuries felt just a bit better with each passing day.

When you came out of the bathroom dressed a bit warmer than usual for the weather, you glanced up at your bedroom. Wasn't Bakugo more susceptible to the cold because of his quirk? Your mattress wasn't the best at keeping in heat - not when there wasn't anyone to sap warmth from, anyway. Spying the blanket he'd been using draped across the back of the couch, you grabbed it before slowly opening the door to your room.

He'd slithered all the way under the sheets, his hair no longer visible. He's definitely like a cat, you thought before spreading the blanket across the bed as carefully as you could for a bit of extra protection against the chilly air. He stirred briefly but settled back down within seconds.

Walking back out into the kitchen, you wrote out a note with the addition that you might be a bit late because of the rain. "Everyone loses their ability to drive when water falls from the sky." You also grabbed the only umbrella you owned that stood against the wall in the hall closet. "Sorry, Bakugo... you might be stuck inside today," you mumbled before locking the door behind you.

Even though the morning had just started, the dreary weather made you lethargic. Everyone you passed on the road looked just as annoyed and tired as you did. Yawning people stopped at red lights and people huddled under their coats for warmth on the sidewalk - no one wanted to go to work today.

Some idiots didn't even have their lights on; it was like they completely forgot that lights were also for other people to see you and your stupid car that happened to be the perfect color match to the obscured, rainy road. By the time you pulled into the parking garage at work, all you wanted to do was lay your head down on the steering wheel and take a nap. "Today... will be very slow. I can already tell."

The mood in the office wasn't much better. Everyone seemed to have a mug of hot coffee or tea nestled between their hands for warmth. A bright flash of lighting split the sky outside, and you winced, focusing instead on the gaudy old carpet under your feet as you walked down the hallway.

Immediately, you put on your headphones to drown out the thunder. Despite the fluorescent lights overhead that coated everything in a disgusting, pale yellow, the entire floor looked dreary from the lack of sunshine outside.