Day 7

You woke up to the sound of your phone alarm blaring on your nightstand, and when you realized you were oriented in your bed correctly with your head on your pillow and feet at the other end, you reached over to shut it off with a groan

You woke up to the sound of your phone alarm blaring on your nightstand, and when you realized you were oriented in your bed correctly with your head on your pillow and feet at the other end, you reached over to shut it off with a groan. The last thing you wanted was to wake Bakugo up again by sleeping through your alarm.

Bakugo...he permeated your thoughts more often every day and even found his way into your dreams. As your crush on him grew so did your fear of a missed opportunity. Your mother's words from a few days ago rang in your ears: I don't want you to regret never doing what you want to do because you're scared.

The fact was, you were scared. It was getting harder and harder to keep yourself together as the two of you grew more comfortable with each other...which honestly surprised you, now that you thought about it in the silence of your bedroom.

From what you observed, Bakugo didn't exactly take kindly to strangers or casual conversation of any kind. He brushed off people who stared in his direction or tried to talk to him, but for whatever reason he tolerated you - no, he actually seemed relaxed, if not borderline happy at times. Maybe he no longer considered you dangerous or a threat. Maybe, just maybe, the two of you could actually be friends, soon. Dating? That was completely up to Bakugo, and you still had no idea if he was even single. But friends? You could manage that, even if you wanted more for however long he was here. But him accepting you as a friend might prove a difficult task in itself.

You sat up and looked at your closed bedroom door, hoping your opportunity hadn't completely disappeared with Bakugo's possible absence.

Opening the door slowly and quietly, you tiptoed with an armful of clothes and bated breath towards the bathroom, peeking around the couch to see if it was empty; it wasn't.

Remembering the previous night and how you literally ran away from him after the whole clothing fiasco, you held back a blush and headed for the bathroom to get ready for work, avoiding thoughts of Bakugo-branded underwear at all costs.

After you showered and got ready for work, looking far more put-together than the previous day, you gathered your things as noiselessly as possible and wrote out a note for Bakugo whenever he woke up to tell him when you'd be home. This little note game between the two of you was cute, but you'd never admit so aloud.

You glanced over at the sleeping man on your couch before locking the door behind you and heading off to work.

About an hour after you left, Bakugo was stirred from sleep by the birds chirping outside and his adjusted internal clock telling him to wake the fuck up. He opened his eyes to see the now-familiar patterning of your couch. "One week...I've been gone one whole week," he mumbled while tossing off the blanket and running his hand across his face.

One week was far longer than he expected to be stuck here, but there must've been a solid reason why he wasn't back home yet. Maybe his colleagues ran into a snag or issue, or maybe they were having trouble locating the villain responsible.