Day 25

CW: This chapter contains mature themes and mild sexual content. PLEASE know that I do read all comments made and if any of them are gross or make me uncomfortable, I have the power to delete them or will at least tell you to stop. Other people read this story, sex is not the main focus, so please refrain from making any unnecessarily lewd or otherwise inappropriate comments if you respect me, the author, and others who read it. Thank you.

____________________________

The chirping birds disrupted the morning quiet as soft, warm sunlight streamed in through the cracks in your curtains. Bakugo stirred from sleep, his eyes shut tightly to the world outside, and shuffled closer to the lump of warmth beneath the bed sheets. Try as he might to fall back asleep, the stupid birds outside wouldn't shut up.

Slowly, he forced one eye to open and peeked at the blurry sight that lay on the pillow before him. A mess of familiar hair, tangled like silk ribbon, sprawled across the pillow case. With his arm draped tightly around your back, you nuzzled against his chest, eyes closed to the world and still clearly asleep.

It was the first time in a week he'd woken up first, so he did the only sensible thing that came to mind: memorize the peaceful view of you sleeping in his arms. Embarrassment evaded him and self-conscious feelings of doubt had finally disappeared as he recalled the emotional confessions and promises from the previous evening. For as long as he was here, this was what he was going to wake up to... and he was perfectly content with that, honestly.

He could've gotten up, but why would he? With no work obligations and no alarm to wake you up anymore, he could just stare and memorize the calm, sleepy features of your face. If he was here, then your nightmares disappeared; but he wondered what was going to happen when he inevitably left? Would several weeks after the incident be enough time for you to overcome those subconscious fears and sleep soundly without him? He couldn't predict the future, so all he decided to focus on was the present.

The events of yesterday must've worn you out, so he decided to let you sleep for a bit longer as his fingers trailed lightly over the fabric clinging to your back.

When you finally stirred awake a while later, he watched you turn in his grip and groan as though the sunlight had personally offended you. "Nemutte inai (I know you're not asleep)," he whispered, making you stiffen and peek at him with one searching eye. Bathed in a hazy glow, you turned back to him and stared like the sun staring with shining rays upon a calm, glittering sea.

"Good morning," you mumbled with a soft smile.

"Ohayo (good morning)." Before he could move, your arms shot forward to wrap up and around his shoulders to pull him into a hug that oozed of appreciation. Well, he'd told himself not to hold back anymore, right? And because he didn't half-ass anything, Bakugo brought you in close enough to crack your ribs if he'd actually tried.

You pretended to choke before wiggling one of your arms free to cup his chin and plant a single chaste kiss on his lips. That made him loosen his grip enough for you to turn back around and unplug your phone while he sprawled out on his back with his hands behind his head, grateful that he'd never have to sleep on the couch again.

"There are some things I want to get done today," you said while holding up two fingers. "Number one is grocery shopping. Number two is cleaning the apartment. Sweeping, mopping, all that stuff. It's been a couple of weeks, so I think it's overdue."

By the look on Bakugo's face, you judged that the cleaning part wasn't exactly what he had in mind for the day but too bad. He seemed to keep things tidy and never made a mess, resulting in Bakugo being a responsible and clean roommate.