Day 6

Wrapped up like a cocooned butterfly waiting to hatch and greet the day, warm sunlight cast a glow on your back as you dug yourself deeper into the comfort of whatever protected you from waking up

Wrapped up like a cocooned butterfly waiting to hatch and greet the day, warm sunlight cast a glow on your back as you dug yourself deeper into the comfort of whatever protected you from waking up. Something felt off, but you couldn't quite place it in the haze of sleep. Sleep...you just wanted to sleep-

"OI! OKITE!!" (wake up!)

A loud voice made you jump, but instead of tossing off the warmth you brought your knees to your face and curled up to will the sound away.

"Noo..." you said, muffled against the blanket pulled over your head. Something hard was shoved against your ear, and a BEEP BEEP BEEP reverberated in your eardrum. "Fuck, fine FINE! STOP SMACKING ME IN THE HEAD!"

You shot your arm out from under the blanket like an iguana tongue searching for a fly, snatching your phone from whoever-

...Oh, shit. Bakugo?! Wait, why is he in my room? What day is it? Alarm...oh FU-

Emerging from the blanket with a sudden and fearful burst of energy, you saw Bakugo standing at the end of your bed with crossed arms, an air of annoyance cascading off him like steam. Looking down at your phone, your eyes almost bugged out of your head.

You'd slept through all of your alarms to the point where, if you didn't leave in fifteen minutes, you'd be late to work.

"Oh my god. Shit FUCK GET OUT! I GOTTA GET READY!" Stumbling off the bed you shoved Bakugo back out of your room, ignoring his vocal protests and slamming the door in his face. "Can't believe this, don't even have time for a shower!"

While tossing on some work clothes you saw your novel discarded on the ground and a zipped baggie of water laying on your bed, prompting you to remember falling asleep while reading with ice on your back. Where'd the blanket come from, though? It normally remained in the corner of your room until the weather got colder. "Must've grabbed it in my sleep or something," you reasoned while buttoning up your shirt.

After getting dressed you flew out of your room and into the bathroom, ignoring Bakugo laying on the couch after having been woken up by an unending phone alarm. Wash face, brush teeth, comb hair, no time for makeup. "Guess I'll be a mess today. At least I don't work with customers or anything."

Opening up the bathroom door you finally noticed Bakugo in your rush to get ready. "Gomen! Sorry," you apologized, feeling guilty for waking him up and rushing out like a tornado flying through your apartment. You opened up your purse and tossed some cash onto the counter, turning back to him. "Here's some money if you need it. Be back tonight!" Without your phone out he probably didn't understand, but the meaning was hopefully obvious. After you locked the front door, you jogged down the hallway and out into the crisp morning air, too panicked to consider the faster option of driving to work.

Now alone in the silent apartment after that mildly entertaining display of you running around like a headless chicken, Bakugo groaned and sunk back down into the couch. He didn't sleep well, tossing and turning, unable to completely relax. Something tugged at the back of his mind - whether a reminder or memory or revelation, he wasn't sure - preventing him from resting properly. Or maybe it was just your cheap couch. Fuck, he missed his bed, his sheets, his pillows, the familiar smell of his apartment, but there was no use dwelling on something he couldn't immediately change. Either way, Bakugo closed his eyes and attempted to sleep a bit more before dealing with the day.