Day 28

IMPORTANT NOTE! This chapter contains mature themes and sexual content. PLEASE know that I do read all comments made on here, so don't make 'em too nasty or vulgar despite the content here. Please respect me, the author, and respect the story. Thank you

No moodboard this chapter because i'm tired and lazy

songs you should listen to for this chapter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRcXOnLkM7A (Ariana Grande - Imagine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXWqWKS6LI (Betty Who - Taste)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb13CbUO11M (Tina Dico - Sacre Coeur)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Murky dreams of black waves crashing upon jagged crags that jutted up towards the sky, like some wretched and imposing castle built into a deserted shore.

Were there stars? He wasn't sure, for all he saw in the sky was a blanket of obsidian. The moon? The clouds? Even the wind had disappeared. All he could hear was the roar of the tide bursting against the cliffside.

And then, the rock split and crumbled as though pulled apart by the might of the ocean itself, and Katsuki woke up.

His eyes shot open before quickly closing again upon realizing that he was awake, his body sloshing on an invisible current before he finally came to a stop on the mattress. Katsuki buried his head into his pillow and sighed as his body eased and relaxed. A noise caught his attention: rain. Raindrops pelting against the window and the rustle of trees in the wind. Peeking an eye open, he saw that it was dark, but he couldn't tell what time it was.

That's when he noticed a weight across his waist. You weren't in front of him since he was facing the window, so that meant you were...?

Holy fuck. He was the little spoon. Well, this was a first. Your limp arm draped around him, your chest pressed against his back, your legs tangled with his. Even though you were both smaller and physically weaker than him, he felt... safe? Comforted?

Maybe the residual feelings of shock when he realized that you'd stood up for him yesterday still weighed him down. Or maybe he just liked having you close. Either way, whatever. He wasn't about to turn around and switch things up due to feelings of fragile masculinity. So, the only thing left to do was close his eyes and fall back asleep to the sound of the rain.

Several hours later, with Katsuki still sound asleep, you awoke after a dreamless night to a splitting ache pounding behind your temples. Refusing to open your eyes, you clung to the warm body laying under your arm, but the pain behind your eyelids told you it would be impossible to fall back asleep. A resigned sigh escaped you as you slowly unwound your arm from around your boyfriend and mumbled a tired "Fuck," while turning onto your back.

The pitter-patter of rain outside explained your headache. Sometimes, the air pressure changed in just the right (or wrong) way that made your head hurt. Perfect. You glanced over at the clock on your dresser with bleary eyes and read the blinking time that was definitely incorrect. The power must've flickered out during the night.

Careful to avoid waking your boyfriend who had barely stirred, you rubbed at your eyes and quietly headed towards the bathroom to wash your face and take care of early morning business. Once that was finished, you slid into the kitchen and poured yourself a glass of water before looking up at the cabinet above the stove where you kept things like antacid and ibuprofen. "Fuck..."