Day 27

CW for this chapter, PLEASE READ!: mentions of racial stereotypes, mentions of racism, infidelity, emotional manipulation, racial slurs, mild sexual situations

So warm... so comfortable... which was why your alarm felt like an ice-cold downpour during an otherwise tranquil hot spring soak. Groaning, you snuggled closer to the wall of warmth next to you until you couldn't take the awful looping noise of the fake foghorn any longer. Fine, I'll get up... stupid work.

You flipped around on the bed and shut off your alarm to avoid waking your still-slumbering boyfriend next to you. He always looked so serene when asleep, the lines of his face softened from their usual harshness. For a brief moment, you wondered how you got to bed because you didn't remember falling asleep, but whatever.

Stretching your hands towards the ceiling, you stood up from the bed and sleepily gathered up some work clothes, only to stop at your bedroom door when you remembered that you quit your job. "Oh... right. Duh." You'd forgotten to turn the damn alarm off.

Not bothering to hang back up your clothes, you tossed them into the closet and climbed back into bed for a few more hours of self indulgent cuddling. As if sensing you even while asleep, Katsuki wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you into the almost overwhelming heat that rolled off him, trapped by the covers as his scent and warmth lulled you back to sleep.

Waking up the second time to your alarm wasn't nearly as bad as the first, but it wasn't exactly pleasant, either. Katsuki had apparently gotten comfortable and sprawled across most of the bed with his arms and legs splayed out towards each corner while you were curled up into his side. Unlike the first alarm, however, he actually stirred from sleep this time and mumbled something - a complaint, if you had to take a guess - before you shifted and pressed the button on your phone screen.

"Good morning," you mumbled through a yawn as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes with the palm of his hand. The opportunity was too perfect to pass up, so you didn't. A quick peck on his cheek stilled him almost immediately, but he recovered and yanked you back over for a proper one on the lips.

"Ohayo," he whispered against your skin. Too bad you had things to do today, because staying in bed right now sounded excellent.

Smiling, you held a finger to his lips before you sat up and scrolled through your phone for the salon's number. You cleared your throat so as not to sound like you'd literally just woken up. When a voice on the other end spoke, you said, "Hello. Yes, my name is (y/n) and I was wondering if you happened to have any openings today for a haircut?"

"Just a haircut?" the woman on the other end asked. "No color or other service?"

"Correct," you answered.

She hummed on the other end. "Let me see if we have any openings or cancellations... yes, it seems like we do. We had someone cancel at the last minute yesterday."