Day 21

Chapter warnings: Period/menstruation mention, cursing, booty talk, Bakugou is bad (decent?) at apologizing

_________________________________________

Once he'd fallen asleep, Bakugo managed to sleep soundly through the night without interruption. He would've stayed asleep, too, if it wasn't for the distant blaring of a horn that gradually grew louder and louder with each passing second.

He felt something move against him, his arm draped loosely over some wiggling mass pressed against his front. A few seconds later, the horn stopped, and his arm was left cold and empty before seeking warmth in the sheets under the covers like a bird searching out its sheltered nest in the winter.

Shuffling and footsteps. The open and close of a door. Silence. Without opening his eyes, Bakugo managed to register that he was, once again, in your bed. You'd asked him to stay with you to make sure you slept well for your interview today.

Mumbling into your pillow, he said, "Mmhn kick its ass..." even though he knew you couldn't hear him before drifting back to sleep.

You walked to the bathroom with your interview outfit and attempted to pump yourself up with a quiet pep talk. "OK... let's do this! You got this. If Bakugo has confidence in me, then I should have confidence in myself, right?" Luckily, your period symptoms had subsided a bit compared to the previous day, so at least you wouldn't be too uncomfortable during the interview.

You showered quickly so you'd have enough time to look presentable with your hair and makeup all the while replaying the information you'd scanned through the previous night. Questions they might ask, questions you should ask, the best answers to give, acting confident without appearing pompous, etc.

Pulling bandages out from under the sink, you paused. Would it be off-putting to go into an interview with gauze wrapped around your hands? You looked down at your palms and sighed. They weren't fully healed yet, but the skin was looking better day-by-day. Maybe you could just avoid showing the palms of your hands too much until the interview was over. "A few hours in open air won't hurt." So, you wrapped your knee - luckily, you had some opaque tights you could wear under your skirt which came just below the knees - and left your hands free.

Smoothing down your skirt and blouse, you took one last look in the bathroom mirror before stepping out into the sunshine peeking through the blinds in your living room. You folded your normal work clothes and set them a slightly oversized purse to change into after the interview along with the antibacterial cream and gauze. Though you normally didn't eat breakfast here, you slid a couple pieces of bread into the toaster while you wrote out your regular note to Bakugo, sans pizza this time.

Popping two white pills into your mouth, you swallowed them with a few large gulps of water in preparation for any discomfort. Hopefully, today would be much better in that respect.

You were about to grab your toast when you decided to add a giant smiley face to the bottom. "Shit, need this." The piece of paper you'd written all the phone call information down sat on the counter, nearly forgotten.

"Wow, running out the door with toast in my mouth? My morning is literally a slice of life anime right now," you joked through a mouthful of toast as you locked the door behind you and jogged down the stairs, nearly tripping on your way down in your haste to be there early.

Following the directions you'd written down, you found the place easily enough despite taking a more roundabout way. Walking past the front doors of your office on your way to this new building seemed like a bad idea in case someone saw you. "Well, this is it..."

The building was newer than your current office, the brick outside whitewashed to look clean and pristine alongside the rows of well-tended flowers that led up to the revolving doors lined in faux gold. You walked up to the information desk, your heels clicking against the reflective marble flooring, and said, "Hello. I'm here for an interview with the finance department?"