Day 3

IMPORTANT NOTE: There will be a continual switch between Reader and Bakugo's POV from now on, so please keep that in mind while reading!

______________________________________________________

The morning routine should've been easy and memorized by this point: wake up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, leave for work. Simple.

Instead, you struggled to turn off your alarm under the dreariness of sleep so as not to wake the temporary roommate who may or may not be snoozing on your couch in the next room. In your drowsy haste to get up and answer that question, you overestimated how wide your mattress was and almost fell right on your ass to the floor. "Woah, OK...that woke me up. Now to just...quietly..."

Mimicking the previous morning, you slowly opened your bedroom door with today's work clothes held under your arm and slid towards the couch.

There Bakugo lay once more, looking slightly more comfortable than the night before. Sunlight seeped through his pale blonde hair, and despite his slight scowl even in sleep, this was the most peaceful you'd seen him yet. Your heart raced, secretly giddy that he was still there. Three days, you thought to yourself. It was incredibly selfish to want one more day with him, but could anyone blame you? This whole situation still felt like a lucid dream - one that you didn't want to immediately wake up from.

You'd gone to bed with a less-than-stellar mood when Bakugo started asking about your work. Such an innocent question shouldn't have brought the mood down, but it was hard thinking about how much he loved Hero work compared to how you skated through the office on autopilot most days. Jealousy wasn't a good look, especially when comparing your very average life to Bakugo's.

With a sigh, you tore your eyes away from the sleeping man and tiptoed into the bathroom. "Today will be different," you told yourself as warm water woke you up from early morning lethargy. "I don't wanna be a downer since he's already dealing with so much...so I'll do my best to keep him happy! Whatever the hell that means...not like I can summon bad guys for him to fight. But tomorrow's Saturday, and he doesn't have to be cooped up here by himself. Maybe we can find some common ground and I can show him around town, take his mind off all this...if he's here, that is." Thinking that this might be his last day here made you a bit sad, but everything surrounding this situation fell squarely outside of your influence to change.

After getting ready for work, you opened the bathroom door to find him still asleep. Considering his bad mood yesterday morning, you thought it best to let him rest. Instead of making breakfast you silently grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet before taking the notepad he'd used yesterday - judging by the missing pages - and used your phone to translate a note, careful to copy down the Japanese characters exactly. Bakugo might have messy handwriting, but you didn't want him to throw insults right back at you.

"Be back at 7" it read. With one last look towards the sleeping man on your couch, you opened the door and locked it behind you before walking out into the hallway.

Before hitting the stairwell one of your neighbors came out of her own apartment. You'd seen her many times and held brief conversations but never properly exchanged names. She was an older woman with a bit of a limp and glasses too large for her face. She always nodded or waved if you passed by while taking her small dog with one eye out for a walk. He looked almost as old as she did, so maybe they made a perfect pair.

"Good morning," she said as you passed by.

"Morning," you replied, about to head down the stairs, but she cleared her throat as if wanting to hold a longer conversation.