Day 10

Your phone alarm was currently the most annoying sound in the universe

Your phone alarm was currently the most annoying sound in the universe. You'd been having a very...interesting dream and the last thing you wanted to do was wake up to reality. "Ugh," you groaned while snatching your phone off the nightstand and blinking away the glare of morning light.

After getting so little sleep from going to bed so late, heading into work seemed like a bad idea, but at least it was Friday and you could sleep in tomorrow. Rubbing your eyes you remembered everything that happened the previous night: the concert, the asshole at the bar, the conversation with Bakugo, him carrying you to your bed...that last one definitely had something to do with at least one of your dreams.

"At least I don't have a hangover. Thank you, water." You stood up and sifted through your drawers to find some work clothes; you were running low so you'd need to wash a load over the weekend. Keeping your eyes open proved difficult since all you wanted to do was crawl back into bed, but you managed to find something acceptable and clean.

You glanced quickly at the lump on your couch before scooting into the bathroom. Each day that passed where Bakugo failed to return to his own world felt like a lost opportunity when you kept your clumsy mouth shut about how you felt. If you didn't work up the courage soon it would be too late, but nothing you could do about it when you had to get to work. "It's too early for this shit."

The cold shower helped you clear your mind and wake you up but you knew you'd need at least a few cups of coffee to feel fully alert and make it through the day. After applying a bit of makeup and styling your hair you left the bathroom with caution, careful not to wake up your sleeping roommate. Bakugo's blonde hair poked out of the blanket like a tuft of golden wheat. He looked cozy and you hoped his sleep was better than the previous night.

You wrote your usual note - grateful whenever Bakugo did the same - before walking towards the door...but you paused by the fridge. He said he made leftovers, you thought while opening the refrigerator door as quietly as possible. Seeing the container on the top shelf you grabbed it before you slipped out the front door with one last glance at the couch.

"Good morning," you said to your elderly neighbor as she finished walking her little dog around the apartment complex. She gave you a kind smile.

"Oh, good morning," she replied before gesturing you closer with a wrinkly finger. "That young man you're with - quite handsome. If I were fifty years younger-"

You bit your tongue to keep from laughing or gagging, you weren't quite sure which felt more appropriate. "Ahahaa...w-well we aren't, uh...have a good day!" Gathering up your bag you darted off down the sidewalk. If your elderly neighbor hit on your hot roommate and you missed that memorable scene, so be it.

Once you arrived at work you hid a yawn behind your hand before pouring yourself a generous cup of coffee. "Just let the caffeine kick in," you muttered while walking back to your desk. Most of the morning was spent with your headphones on, zoning out to the music as you worked. It was only after lunch that your overly-nosy coworker came around to bug you about weekend plans.