Day 14

When your alarm jolted you awake from sleep, you almost fell out of bed but caught yourself before meeting the floor

When your alarm jolted you awake from sleep, you almost fell out of bed but caught yourself before meeting the floor. Disoriented, you looked around to see your familiar room, bed, ceiling, etc. "Eh...wasn't I...on the couch?"

The last thing you remembered was...oh, falling asleep on Bakugo while watching a movie and your eyes snapped open at the realization. "Oh, god, that means he carried me to bed and I wasn't even awake to enjoy it!" You turned off your alarm and groaned into your pillow, thinking back to how nice it was to have a quiet night with him. "Right...work. Fuck."

You also noticed your phone was plugged up which you definitely didn't remember doing. "For someone who's supposed to be a stubborn asshole he's really considerate."

But the office wouldn't wait for your early morning frustrations or musings. Stepping down from your bed, you expected your foot to touch on bare floor but instead the distinct crinkle of paper slid between your heel and the carpet. "Huh?"

Looking down, you noticed a piece of folded paper laying on the ground. You didn't recognize it, too sleepy to consider where it came from at the moment. Instead, you picked it up and tossed it onto your bed before sliding over to your closet to pick out your clothes for the day.

You opened your door without thinking, forgetting that at some point you'd wake up without Bakugo Katsuki practically living in your apartment. Pausing once the couch came into view, you bit your lower lip. His presence seemed like such a constant at this point that once he disappeared, whenever that would be, you'd surely feel the sting of heartache.

Quietly, you peered over the back of the couch to see a sleeping lump wrapped up in blankets and let out an anxious breath. Not today, your mind whispered as your heart squeezed. He looked so cute while sleeping that it was tempting to take a picture but decided against the indulgence.

After showering and dressing for work, you realized you left your phone in your bedroom. Tiptoeing across the living room, you slid back inside to unhook your phone from the charging cable. It was then you remembered the odd piece of paper you'd found this morning, your eyes glancing down at where you left it on the bed. "Hmm..."

Japanese letters were scrawled on the front, but you weren't sure what it said. You unfolded it to find it filled, top to bottom, with Japanese. "Did Bakugo write this...?" A jarring thought struck you like a slap across the face: what if he anticipated leaving and left you a note as a final goodbye for you to find?

You felt your eyes tear up a bit at such a heartfelt idea, but after examining the note you noticed how the lettering didn't quite match up to Bakugo's from the few times you'd seen his scribbled notes. But it had to be from him, right? Who else could've-

"Oh, shit!" A note left on your floor where Bakugo appeared. Too much of a coincidence, right? "I have to wake him up."

Walking back out into the living room with the note in hand, you gently nudged Bakugo's shoulder. "Hey, Bakugo...wake up."