Day 17

Sometimes you dreamt of memories, splashes of color and figures enduring through time like landmarks; other nights you didn't dream at all and awoke as though no time had passed between your head hitting the pillow and the rise of the morning sun

And other times, like tonight, you dreamt of riding a vacuum cleaner through the sky with a trail of flying pizza slices following closely behind as you soared across the blazing silhouette of a full moon while cackling like a witch gone mad.

In a rarity, you awoke a few minutes before your alarm actually went off in mild confusion. When something exciting or new awaited you the next day, sleeping sometimes proved difficult as your mind struggled with restlessness. The bizarre dream you had wasn't exactly the most immersive experience, either.

"Work...no, wait." Realization hit as your eyes flew open. "Trip...trip! We leave today! In...less than two hours," you mumbled while looking at your phone. The thought of spending three days with Bakugo away from the city and the intrigue that came with it helped wake you up quicker than usual. You still had to send an email to your boss claiming to be sick, however.

After composing an email with the perfect amount of vague and specific details spattered in to avoid them asking for intrusive information, you sent it off and hoped for the best. "If they question me Monday it's not like I can just take back the day. Oh, well. Not gonna stress about it on my one vacation."

You decided it was best to shower and get ready first before waking up Bakugo to avoid any grumpiness he might bring with him due to lack of enough sleep. Digging through your drawers, you picked out some comfortable clothes for the day since you'd be both sitting for hours in the car and exploring the outdoors once you arrived at the cabin. Bakugo would surely want to get out and utilize every spare moment for his underused quirk.

Bakugo seemed to flip-flop between curling into himself with the blanket wrapped around him protectively in an undulating mass...and splayed out as though his body wished for far more room than your couch offered. Right now he fit the latter, one arm draped at an odd angle behind his head and over the arm of the couch while one leg dangled on the floor.

It was incredibly tempting to give him a good morning kiss but he'd probably headbutt you on accident considering the past times you'd woken him up.

After you showered, brushed your teeth, and made yourself presentable for the day ahead, you packed up all your bathroom essentials into a plastic bag so they wouldn't leak on your clothes in case a bottle popped open during the trip.

With the bag in hand, you came out of the bathroom and padded softly up to the sleeping man on your couch, wary of what he might do when you woke him up. You took a step back and nudged him in the shoulder with your phone. Sure enough, Bakugo sat up quickly as a small popping noise came from his palms, although his reaction time seemed a bit slower than when you presented him with Kirishima's note. His crimson eyes cut to you and he lowered his hands, grogginess etched into the lines of his face as he glared weakly at you.