Chapter 2, Work

-Mercury's POV-

I wake up to see Vix gone, which was odd. I rushed out the room and to see Lilith reading a book in a chair at the dinner table. "Do you know where Vix is?" I walked into the kitchen and Lilith turned to me, putting the book down. "They went grocery shopping.." Lilith said while turning away again. I tilted my head in confusion and walked away. I sit alone on the couch hugging my knees and staring at the front door, "I wonder..when will they come home?" I thought to myself while dozing off. I fall asleep without realizing.

-Vix's POV-

I haven't told Mercury that I've been working now, finally at a library. I felt bad so I went back home early and wanted to go tell them.

As I reached the house I unlocked the front door to see Mercury sleeping on the couch. I walked towards them and crouched, I got close to their face. "Mercury.." I shake their body gently to wake them up, it took a few tries and they finally did. "Vix.." They sat up rubbing their eyes. "You're back.." Mercury hugged me, "Yeah..sorry for not telling you this but I work at the library...I was wondering maybe if you could work there too so we can make money together." I sat right next them and poked their cheek, Mercury hugged my arm, "Sure.."

"Starting tomorrow, I'll get you ready for the job..I'm kinda tired." I slouched and Mercury asked me, "What time did you wake up?" I think for a bit, "6:30AM.." Mercury stared at me for a bit. "I'm gonna have some struggle waking up then.." Mercury laughed, "Don't worry, I'll try to wake you up! I bought some coffee before and it helped..not really..I was still tired.." I stretched my arms out, and wrapped them around Mercury. "Your hair feels more fluffier and softer..but bigger.." I put my face into their hair, "Now that I think about it.." Mercury touches their hair and then pushes me away while looking away. "Hehe.." I nervously laugh at what I've done.

-Mercury's POV-

As I turned away I was turning red. I didn't want Vix to see my face. "Wanna go to our room now?" Vix grabbed me and they stood up with me. "Sure.." I nodded. We run to our room together, I collapsed on the bed. Vix laid right next to me and snuggled into my hair. I felt their warm body slowly hold me into Vix's arms. "You're warm.." I turned around to only be in front of their face. We were both close, "Oh..what a surprise.." Vix laughed. I squeaked and turned red, I looked down instead of their face. I put my face to their chest instead. "Alright, Alright..let's sleep now.." Vix hugged me again. "Good night."

"Good night." I said while slowly closing my eyes.

I wake up there again, the other me standing in front of me. "It's you." I said while staring at the ground. It went silent, they didn't say anything to me. it had it's arm behind its back. It walks towards me. I stared off for a bit, "This must be a dream..like the one I had last time..." I whispered to myself. I wasn't expecting myself to realize it's a dream, probably because it didn't feel real. I lift my head up at my other self, I was really close to its face. "Who are you?" I asked while tilting my head,

something caught me by surprise immediately
blood trickles down and lands on the ground
a knife was inserted into my stomach by the other me
I couldn't feel it

"so it is a dream.." I thought
it slowly takes out the knife out my stomach and my guts slowly get pulled out from the knife
I spat out blood everywhere

"A dream made of your own thoughts.."
"The trauma you experienced, you tried to endure it."
"It's still in your head."
it spoke, I was surprised.

they were right

I laughed a little and wiped the blood from my mouth
I grinned at them

it gave me a long stare
it finally moved but it gave me something