Chapter 12, Message

I woke up and felt Vix's warm body hug behind me, I looked up at the time and it was 5AM. I got up from the couch and stretched my arms out. I nudged Vix to wake up and they pulled my arm to lay down with them. "Mmmh...we still have some time to rest.." Vix cuddles me, they were gripping my arm down tightly. I could tell they were awfully tired. "Vix it's 5AM..." I said and they lifted themselves up with me. "Ah is that so..? Silly Mercury..we don't have work on Saturdays and Sundays.." Vix lays back down with me, "I forgot..Sorry.." I laughed and they didn't say anything else after falling asleep. I was stuck in their arms the entire time.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep, the warm feeling of Vix's body went away.

Suddenly, the room felt airy, odd, and empty.

I opened my eyes and couldn't move. I see the city right in front of me, with a strange looking black oval shaped object. Black liquid was bleeding out of it. A message plays throughout my ears,

"This world never felt right, dead people are dragged in here to live a new and perfect life. They could've all just rested peacefully. But sometimes a lot of people don't go here. There is another world, which is the opposite of this world. THE GATES TO THAT WORLD WILL OPEN TO THIS WORLD!!"

The message stopped playing, I couldn't recognize the voice but it sounded familiar. "Who are you?" I whispered. The voice didn't say anything. Everything in my sight slowly fades away into darkness. I stood there in shock, everything went to a strange turn. First..the crisis starts with Vix, now this. I over think again and closed my eyes as I felt myself leaving this place.

I opened my eyes, I was still laying on the couch. I got up and looked up at the time. It was 5:40AM, I went to sit in the kitchen, I turned on the lights and went to sit down. I start to think about what I just saw back there. After 20 minutes passed by, I still sat there thinking. Vix walks in, "You alright?" They went to sit down with me. "Just had a strange dream that left me thinking. Nothing much." I stared down at my fingers and messed around with them. "Is that so?" Vix didn't say anything else after.

Lilith and Arcane walk in, "Where were you guys yesterday? Me and Arcane saw you both laying on the couch when you got back.." Lilith seemed surprised. "A lot of stuff happened.." I stared at Arcane who was staring at me, then looked away. "Alright then...Anyways, don't you guys have work today?" Lilith asked and Vix responded back. "We don't have work on Saturdays and Sundays.." Lilith and Arcane sat down with us. "Oh..then what are you guys doing up early?" Lilith asked, "I had a strange dream and now I can't sleep anymore.." I yawned and rested my head on the counter.

"Hmm? What kind of dream?" Lilith seemed intrigued. "Some sort of message..that there is another world like ours." Everyone stared at me and I felt bothered. I continued on anyways, "It said that it will come ours, to this world. And now I wonder why." It went silent after I finished. "Anything else?" Lilith asked and I ended up just telling them the rest of the info I got. "I see.." Lilith nodded. "I sometimes wonder how this world was made. It has this strange feeling. So whoever that message was feels the same the way I do.." Lilith said and I sat there in confusion. "I hope to find more information about this..I'm hoping I will succeed.." I said while getting up. Lilith nodded, "You can do it!"

Arcane immediately gets up and leaves, "Arcane?" Lilith follows them. I was a little worried about them. They left after the conversation ended, so I suspected that they were the one who told me about the message. I followed them, and I opened the door to Lilith and Arcane's room. Arcane was communicating to Lilith in their notebook, "Can I talk to you Arcane?" I watched Arcane took their notebook and nodded. Lilith agrees, and Arcane walks out of the room and closes the door.

"Are you the one who showed me that message?" I questioned them and they stood there in shock. Arcane nodded and took out their notebook. They started writing something quickly for me, which only took about 15 minutes. Arcane finishes it and hands it to me.