Chapter 21, Chaotic (1/2)

I had to be sent back to my physical self, I was scared that something else bad would happen.

I could hear Vix call out my name, I left one eye open. I only saw Vix and Arcane. I fully opened my eyes, "We found you laying here.." Vix helped me up to my feet. "Where's Lilith?" I asked, looking around everywhere. "We don't know.." They put their hands on my shoulders.

"But Arcane told me what happened between you and Lilith..in that Reality." Vix hugged me. "Is that so?" I said. They nodded. "Well..let's look for Lilith now and maybe Cross..." Vix grabbed my hand. Me, Vix, and Arcane head our way to somewhere else from the city.

I could hear faint rustling, scratching, and footsteps all around me. It started to creep me out. I was getting tired but needed to stay awake. I sighed as I cling onto Vix's arm. The streetlights in front of us were bright, it was perfect for all of us to tell where we were going. Although, it did flicker a lot, which hurt my eyes.

We stopped for a bit, we were all getting tired and it's hard to tell where we are going as the streetlights got worse as it flickered. As I looked around, I saw a shadowy figure under a streetlight far from us. I couldn't tell from the features since it was standing off to the side in the darkness.

I thought I was tired so I rubbed my eyes

it was still there
I could feel its eyes stare at me

I gripped Vix's arm tightly and almost shed a tear
"You okay?" I could tell that they were starting to get worried
"Uh..yeah.." I looked away from the strange figure
Vix focused on my view where the figure was

"Oh..that thing over there? It's standing over the streetlight now.." Vix pointed at it. I looked at the shadowy figure,

It was looking directly at me
I could see its features
I could see its body

white eyes
shadow-like body

"Look away now..it'll make you feel worse.." Vix kissed my head, it made me feel a little better after what I've seen.

I looked at the figure one more time

it's gone.

I felt shaken up, and glanced somewhere else. I hear faint footsteps coming this way. "I hear someone.." I moved away with Vix. "I hear it too.." Vix carefully pulled me back. Arcane guarded us. Then suddenly out of the shadows, the thing I saw was reaching towards us. It stood there gazing at us. "What is it that you need?" I asked.

It's arm lifted up slowly and pointed at me
Not Vix or Arcane
Just me.

It dashed towards us and yanked me away Vix. "MERCURY!!!" Vix yelled out and pulled me back. Arcane pushed the figure off. But it grabbed me back. I tried to yank their arm off of me, but it resisted and pulled my arm back. I bite their arm and they let me go.

I could get a full view of the figure
It looked familiar
Shadow-like body with white eyes
The one I saw in the Rea—No? Dream? Whatever
I don't remember much of it

The figure got up, "Get away.." I told them and it walked towards me again. I pushed it again to the wall, it still got up. I got my knife ready and pointed towards it. "Leave now..I don't want to do this."

"I'm taking you with me." It spoke

"I'm not allowing that!" Vix said behind me, they wield their axe towards it. "Whatever the reason is, I'm not letting you take me." I watched it step towards me slowly as I finished speaking.

I swung my knife with no hesitation and left a deep cut on its neck. Blood sprayed out of it. It fell to the ground struggling to claw me. "This could have been avoided." I watched it die slowly on the ground. Then, it stopped moving. The figure died.

I looked back and see glowing white eyes surrounding us.

"We're being surrounded." I turn Vix and Arcane to where I'm looking. "Multiple?" Vix freaked out, I remained calm. "There is only one way..."

The strange figures suddenly start to grab at us as we shove, stab, and smack them away. Eventually, they succeeded and brung all of us down.

As I try to break free from their grasps, "IF YOU'RE TAKING ME TO THEM THEN LEAVE ARCANE AND VIX ALONE!!" I screamed at them. They continued to grab at me. "Sure." I looked up to see Cross staring down at me. "Wow, you finally arrived." I said getting up, pushing away the figures grasps. Cross grabs at my neck, Arcane tries to stop them. But I get thrown with Arcane to the wall. We landed on each other. God, it was painful.

Vix helped us both up, "They don't look so happy." They brushed us both off from the dirt. "I'm not? Of course I'm happy. Just a little annoyed with a presence.." Cross glared at Arcane. Arcane hid behind Vix. "Guess we have to deal with this asshole and find Lilith.." I picked up the knife I dropped. "I'll kill you."

"Let's see about that then." Cross took out their gun then a knife. They stopped for a bit, and sprinted towards Arcane. I grabbed their 'other' arm and tried pulling them back, "I'M NOT LETTING YOU DO THAT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!" I took my knife and stabbed the Arm. They screamed and aimed their guns towards me.

Cross pulled the trigger
They missed
I was freaked out but calmed myself to endure it

I take the gun and throw it somewhere far away, "There we go, fair..right?" I could feel Cross get more angry. Angrier than before.

They start to attack me with the sharp knife. I tried to dodge away from it until they almost blasted me away with one of their powers. I stick out my tongue, and run away as they chase after me.

They grab my arm and throw me to the ground, "Finally caught you!" Cross reaches for my neck but I bite their hand. "AGH!! YOU BITCH!" They shove me down again. I pushed them off, Vix came out of nowhere and smacked them with the axe.

"I am NOT letting myself die..!" Cross got up with a bloody head. "Don't worry, we'll euthanize you." I laughed. "Don't fucking mess around with me.." Cross grabs at me and attempts to break my arm. "Don't even try." I gave them a look. Cross hesitated until I kicked them off. "Vix, Arcane. You look for Lilith. I'll be fine." I looked over at them. "Are you sure?" Vix was getting into their worried self again as usual. "I'll be okay." I kissed them and went back to Cross. "O-Okay.." Vix walked off with Arcane, looking weird. I shrugged it off.

Back to beati- Fighting Cross, they were smirking. "Finally..we're both alone at the moment. So let us have a great fight..I hope I'll avenge them all after I kill you.." Cross mood suddenly changed. I went along with it, "Sure, but as I said. But if you're up to the idea of being euthanized, let me know!" I gave them a smile. Cross was pissed off and started running towards me with a longer looking knife. "SHUT" I dodged their first attack, "THE" again, "HELL" again, "UP!" and again except they left a cut on my cheek. "What's wrong? You're struggling." I told them, they didn't respond. Cross looked shaken.

"Are you afraid?" I abruptly asked as I stopped moving around. So did they too.

"SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" Cross attempted to stab me again. "It's okay, just admit it." I moved back again. Cross was starting to get tired, I felt disappointed and just got close to them. I was no longer afraid.

"Need a break?" I told them.

- . . .. .

I felt a sharp pain somewhere, but I knew that I felt blood bleeding out of myself.

Cross managed to miss my stomach and chest
But they pushed the knife all the way into my arm.

I collapsed to the ground, bleeding everywhere. "I missed, but I won't miss this time..." Cross attempted to stab my stomach. I moved away quickly with my arm bleeding away. I ran as fast as I could but the blood trail I was making caught Cross's attention. "YOU WON'T RUN FROM ME!!"

I hear them scream out my name as I run to the city. On the way there, I bumped into Vix and Arcane, and I fell on both of them. I passed out after being exhausted.