Chapter 11, A Horrible Situation

I woke up to feeling that urge again, I didn't care anymore so I forced myself up to leave the room. I go outside to the backyard and searched through the bushes to find an axe that Mercury used to use. It was dirty and blood dried on it, I brought it inside to clean it.

I quietly enter the bathroom and turn on the dim lights. I closed the door and placed the axe in the bathtub. I took something to scrub off the dirt with soap, it was surprisingly coming off. Only a little though.

So I continued scrubbing it off but harder this time, most of it came off. After a few minutes, there was still some dirt and dried blood but it looked ready. I dried it off with a towel and left the bathroom. I grabbed a small plastic bag from the kitchen in a cabinet. I went to the front door and I thought to myself while staring at the axe, "I'll do it again so I can forget this feeling." I left the house and wandered off to the city.

I looked around and no one was here as usual, it never gets crowded at night for some reason. I noticed 2 people arguing outside a bar, I hid myself behind a building and watched. The first one was drunk, the second one was not. The second one storms away angrily. I looked at the other one who looked dizzy, and walked where I was. I ready the axe, I push myself backwards.

As I hear them get closer,

I swung forward with the axe to their head.

I dragged the dead body to an alleyway, I was already sweating and tired. I continued to drag it anyway and finally made it to the nearby alleyway. I went straight to cutting up the person's stomach with the axe and tore out the intestines. I cut them up into smaller pieces so they could fit in the plastic bag. I quickly put them in and ran back home with everything in my hand. As I arrived, I quietly walked in. I went to wash my hands and luckily my body wasn't covered in blood.

I was planning on making food bites for Mercury with the remains- I don't know what the fuck I'm thinking about anymore. I don't even know why I brought this home. I ended up making it anyway, I stared at the mess of blood and powder. "This is gonna be a pain in the ass.." I whisper to myself, grabbing a towel. I wet it and went on to clean the mess I have caused. I went to hide the bag of guts somewhere.

I didn't feel tired for some reason, I checked the time and it was 3AM. I've been up for hours and I haven't fallen asleep..or did I wake up way earlier?

I shrugged it off and placed the bites on the table, "Vix?" Mercury walks into the kitchen. "You're awake really early.." I said, I was surprised seeing them awake so suddenly. "I noticed that you were gone when I woke up..Didn't expect you to be into baking again." Mercury sat down stretching their arms out. "Yeah..just got some ideas out of nowhere." I sat in front of them and grabbed a bite for them. "I made some for you.." I handed them it and they picked it up.

"It kinda has that texture..like those rice cakes.." Mercury said while analyzing the horrific dessert. "Mochi.." I thought. Mercury bit into it, "Delicious!" I was surprised that they hadn't noticed the flesh put into it. I probably added too much strawberry cream to it. I shrugged it off and watched Mercury grab a few more. "I'm still kinda tired so I'll go to sleep.." Mercury went to go wash their hands. "Alright! Good night I guess.." I watched them leave. "Good night!" I watched them wave and walked back to the room.

realization had hit me
why did I..make these..
Mercury just..ate it......

   maybe they're so used to it...they don't realize  it?

I vomited in my hands,

I went to go wash my hands.
Suddenly, a wave of tiredness hit me, I fell asleep.

-Kai's POV-

I woke up from a slight shining light from behind me. I get up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. Vix had their head down on the table sleeping. There was a small tray of tiny bites. I was curious to see what they were inside, but I couldn't tell what flavor they were. I grabbed one anyway and bit into it.