Chapter 7, Urge

I wake up feeling sore, I probably felt tired from yesterday. I get up to check on Mercury laying still. I grabbed their hand, it felt cold. I hear the door open, it was Doctor Kai walking in with their clipboard. "You're awake, just got back with some new results with Mercury's condition." They pull up a chair right next to and sat down.

"Since there is no infection, we still have to use a certain medication just in case the wound worsens. The wound is severe, but it's not that bad, as in it won't get infected immediately." Doctor Kai grabs something in their pocket. It was the medicine. "All I need to do is just drop some medicine in the wound, twice." They put it back in their pocket. "I'm glad..you're a good doctor.." I smiled, I felt relieved. "Really..? I'm glad to know. I'll get some tea!" Doctor Kai left.

I looked back at Mercury, I gave them a kiss on the head and grasped their hand. A few minutes pass by, Kai walks in with a tray of hot tea. They place it on a table right next to Mercury's bed. Kai slowly gives a cup of tea to me. "Thanks.." I blew on it and sipped it. "No problem!" Kai drinks theirs. I put my cup down while holding it. The warmth of the cup slowly reaches towards my hands.

I finish my tea and place it on the tray. "I'll go put it up..Will you be doing anything today?" Kai grabs the tray as they asked me. "I'm not sure..maybe I'll go home for now." I rub my eyes. "Alright! Be safe on your way home." They leave with the trays. I look back at Mercury, "I just need to..protect them..and.." I forgot what I was gonna say, but an urge was kicking in on me. I left the hospital, I felt so tired but I kept walking and walking.

I collapsed on the ground, I felt so exhausted to get up. "Need help?" A familiar voice called from above, I slowly turned my head. It was Mono reaching their hand towards me. "I closed the library for now, didn't feel safe after what happened..also you don't look so well..what happened to Mercury?" Xey lift me up. ".....They're in the hospital." I said while staring down.

"What happened? You don't have to tell me if you want to.." Mono had a very worried look. I told xem it without Lilith being involved in it.

"Mercury's arm..huh.." Their eyes widened. "I hope they're doing okay..I'll visit them sometime.." Xey had a tear in their eye. "They're doing okay.." I said while smiling. "Let's get you home! You'll help me lead the way." They wrap their arms around my shoulder. We walked, "I'm okay...Mono.." I said while nervously smiling. "Nope I'm taking you there." Xe said with a smirk. "Alright, Alright." I laughed, they also laughed along.

As we reached the house, "Thanks..you can come in if you like.." I grabbed the key under the mat and unlocked the door. "Oh! Sure!" It quickly ran in with an excited look. I closed the door as I walked in and locked it.

Arcane was sitting on the couch resting. "Hey Arcane!" I waved at them, they waved back. "I never knew you had other friends!" Mono still looked excited. "Yeah.." I chuckled. "This is a really nice place to live in." Mono spins around in circles. I casually watched xem spin and almost fall. I got scared for a bit but it caught xemself. "I'm okay!" They stood up straight. "You can stay over long if you want to, maybe sleep here too!" I said while walking to the kitchen. "Have you ate anything yet?" I asked them. "Not yet..I'll also stay over!" Mono walked into the kitchen with me and sat down. "Alright I'll make you something to eat." I washed my hands and dried them off.

I made Mono some Kartoffelknödel, "It tastes delicious! Thanks Vix!" Mono seemed very genuine and happy. "Really..? I'm used to baking instead of cooking..I'm glad to hear that.." I sat down with them and I felt very happy, very. Mono puts up their dish and washes it. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." I softly clasped my hands together, "Yeah! No problem." Mono finishes washing their hands and dries it off. "The couch seems comfy. I'll sleep there!" Mono smiled. "Ah! Sure!" I never expected Mono to say that. I was surprised, the couch is comfy but also a bit rough.

"Vix?"
Lilith walks in the kitchen.

I slowly looked over at them, "L-Lilith?" I went back to a frown. "Ah! Another person! My names Mono!" They shake Lilith's hand. "Oh..I'm Lilith.." They let go of Mono's hand. "Nice to meet you!" Mono grinned. "Lilith can we talk for a bit..somewhere else..please.." I said while looking away from Mono. "Sure.." Lilith walked away and I followed them.

We were in their room, they sat on the bed. "You said you didn't want to walk out the room anymore until Mercury comes back.." I said while sitting right next to them. "I know..I got a bit too curious and I wanted to see who came over..I thought it was Mercury." Lilith sighed and clenched their fists. "Don't worry..they'll come back strong, and you will be able to apologize.." I got up and opened the door. I looked back at them, "I promise." I gave them a smile and they nodded. I left their room.

I walked back to the kitchen to see Mono communicating with Arcane with their notebook. "Ah! Vix, you're back!" They got up from their chair. "Yeah..sorry about that.." I sat down and sighed. "You okay?" Mono asked me as xe sat down. "I'm alright..just tired..from yesterday." I rest my head on the table. "You can rest for a bit if you would like to..I'm also tired as well." Mono chuckled and smiled. "You're right.." I got up and went to my room.

As I walked in, the urge kicked in again. I couldn't tell how I felt. I slowly laid myself on the bed. I stared at the ceiling. I slowly calmed myself down, my heartbeat goes back to normal. Mono walks in. "Can I talk to you for a bit?" They sat right next to me. "Sure." I slowly got up by sitting. "Do you really know what happened to Mercury's wings?" They got serious, its tone had changed. "Me and Mercury don't want to talk about it. We don't want to remember it. Not even Lilith or Arcane. It was a moment we all wish to forget..." My face darkens. "Oh well...Have you hurt them before?" Mono gave me a long stare. "Sorry for the sudden question..do they forgive you..? did you hur them?"

I felt anger build in on me, "WHAT THE HELL MAKES YOU THINK THAT I HURT THEM?" I yelled at them. Mono got scared as they jumped off the bed. "I'VE BEEN FEELING LIKE SHIT WHEN THEY AREN'T HERE..I WOULDN'T TRY TO HURT THEM.." I felt stress slowly get to my head. I gave xem a death glare.

"I'm sorry..I just thought you..would, Mercury just seems very quiet." Mono sits back down. "They've been through a lot." My tone of voice calmed down. "It's been hurting them lately and it hurts me to see them sad..I just want to make them happy somehow.." I felt tears go down my face. "Also..why would you..Think that in the First Place." I hesitate and look away. "Again..they always seem quiet, sad, and uncomfortable most of the time." Mono sits back down.

"It's just how they are..they would be very happy but don't look like it. Which is fine. Mercury is just, theirselves." I look back at them, they get up. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright. You can leave now, I want to be alone." I lay down and faced away from them. I hear them leave.

The urge kicked in again
I know what to do now
I need to do it.

—Mono's POV—

I woke up to get a drink of water. As I slowly get off the couch. I turned on the light for the kitchen and grabbed a cup. I got the water from the sink and drank it. As I stared at myself in the window while drinking my water, I heard a door faintly creep open in the darkness.

I drank my water quickly while at the sink, but I started to cough because I drank it too fast. But I felt weird, as if someone was behind me. I look back, I couldn't see because of the darkness surrounding the rest of the area. As I try to drink my water,

I felt someone at my neck slowly reaching their hands towards me
I looked back

"Vix?" I said while almost dropping my cup.
"Sorry, did I scare you? I was wondering what you were doing.." Vix nervously laughed. I sighed in relief and finished my water.

"Sorry.." Vix said in a worried tone. "It's okay." I put my cup in the sink. "Get to bed now.." Vix said while smiling. I nodded and left.

—Vix's POV-

I frowned
I failed but I made some progress
I bite my fingernail in anger and got up
I stared at them as it went back to the couch.