Chapter 8, Follow

I woke up to the light shining brightly into my face. I faced the other way and got up. I left my room to see Mono drinking some tea. "Good morning Vix! I made some extra tea on accident so I poured a cup for you." They finished their tea and placed it in the sink.

"Thanks.." I sat down and drank it. It was good so I continued sipping on it. "I'm gonna be visiting Mercury in the hospital..you can come with me if you want.." I finished my tea and got up. I placed it in the sink. "Sure! I don't have to really do anything for the past few days. I've been working nonstop." Mono cleaned xe'r cup and then mine. "When are we going?" Mono asked, "Probably right now..I'll get ready..you should too.." I walked off to my room.

I grab my backpack, I put my knife in there, a few books. I saw my phone on my table, I grabbed it. I barely use it anymore but I still put it in there. I zip my bag up and picked it up.

As I left my room, Mono was standing at the front door waiting for me. We left and walked our way towards the hospital. As we arrived, we went to Mercury's room. Doctor Kai was there applying medicine onto Mercury's arm.

"Greetings!" They placed the medicine down. "You brought a friend?" Kai asked as they looked over my shoulder. "Yeah, that's Mono, I work at the library with them and they're the manager."

I grabbed a nearby chair and sat right next to Kai. "How's Mercury?" I asked.
"They seem to be doing better! I have a feeling they might wake up early this month!" Kai seemed genuine. "Thats good." I smiled. Kai grabs some bandages on a table and wraps Mercury's wound. They finish, "Well I'll be going for now. I might be back soon!" Kai gets up and grabs their clipboard. "See ya!" They leave. I waved goodbye including Mono.

—Mono's POV—

As I stared at Mercury's calmed body resting on the bed, I noticed their wings again. It's been bothering me for quite some time. I was curious as to why they injured their wings, and many other reasons. "When did you guys meet?" I asked Vix who was staring at Mercury. "A few months back, I bumped into them when it was storming." They looked at me. It went silent after Vix got up.

"Do you still believe that I hurt them before..?They gave me a glare and got close towards my face.

"N-No..I was just wondering." I backed away. "LIAR!!" They screamed at me and squeezed my arm. I couldn't break free as I felt my arm almost snapping. "I'm sorry..I'm sorry..I'm sorry.." I say over and over and over again. They let go of my arm, I couldn't feel it. I was numb from my arm. "I didn't hurt them..I love them dearly. Like I said, they've been through a lot and it's been affecting me too." Vix sat back down and gave me a glare again. "I'm sorry.." I said, I didn't know what else to say as I felt my arm pulse from the pain.

It went silent after and I was getting tired. My arm was still hurting so I couldn't keep myself still. Doctor Kai walks in. "Oh my, you guys are still here." They grabbed Mercury's arm carefully and examined it. "How is it?" Vix finally spoke up. "It seems pretty good, but when they wake up they're gonna have a hard time moving it though.." Kai said while putting it down. "That's some good news.." Vix said, they had a worried look. "You two should go home now..it's getting a little late.." Kai looked at the clock. "Alright.." Vix grabbed their bag, I got up and left with them.

On our way back, I was scared to talk to Vix. I was surprised by what happened. My arm went numb. I could feel Vix stare at me as I looked down at my numb arm. I felt small tears form into my eyes. Vix suddenly grabs me and takes me to an alleyway.

They put their hands on my shoulders, Vix's eyes looked dead.

"The next time I hear you talk about Mercury's wings again OR anything about Mercury...I'll gouge your eyes out, shove it in your mouth, and I'll go at your organs too. I'll slice you up, and tear at your organs and dismember you limb by limb. I'll tear you apart...I'll have you Rot...punch your stomach repeatedly....I'll fucking Torture you mentally and physically..."  Vix tightens their grip as they continue to list gruesome things they would do to me. "Haahh.............I want to tear you apart......"