Chapter 18, Days

It was my break time at work today, Vix was still working. I squished the little cat toy that Mono gave to me. I stared off at Vix and Mono helping each other work, I wasn't really thinking about that. I was mainly thinking about the Reality I was in with "me". I understood only a little but I'll get it soon.

Break time was over and all I had to do today was to help Mono put in new books they got when they were in the hospital. "So how's your day been going?" Mono asked while handing me some books. "Pretty great so far...How about you?" I asked them back. "Same thing, thanks for helping me!" Mono said. I nodded as in "No problem." I follow Mono to put the other new books up.

As we were finishing, we talked mostly about work. Mono made me talk about Vix more which was kinda embarrassing....Anyways, as we finished putting up the books, we headed back down to Vix who was downstairs taking a break. "Mercury and Mono!" Vix noticed as we got down. "How's your work going?" I ran towards them and hugged them. "Pretty great." Vix head patted me. I sat down right next to them. "Work is about to end soon..so you two enjoy your sweet time together." Mono said with a smirk walking away. My face turned red, I slightly covered my face and let out a small squeak. Vix turns to me and wraps their arms around me and snuggled in. "I guess we could do this..?"

Vix rested their head on my head, we were both sitting in an awkward position but went with it as we sat together. "I can't wait to go home and rest.." I heard Vix say, I nodded and closed my eyes. Everyone else had left the library, so it was finally time for me to get myself together. The co-workers here are annoying.

I opened my eyes to see Mono right in front of us sitting down smiling. I got embarrassed as I fully opened my eyes. "Young love..You both are cute together.." They let out a small laugh. "Anyways, get ready to leave soon you lovely people. I'll be closing the library soon." Mono got up, "Alright.." I said. Me and Vix grabbed our stuff and said goodbye to Mono.

We both walked back home, it seems like the rainy season will start soon judging by the dark clouds. "It looks like it's about to rain.." I said to Vix who was also looking up. "Glad we both thought the same..Good thing I have umbrellas.." Vix looked down at me and stretched. "Hm? Looks like we're almost home now." They grabbed my hand and we went running.

We rushed inside. I dropped to the ground from being tired from running and work. "Running was a bad idea.." Vix was catching their breath and was leaning on the couch. "It was your idea!" I got up and pulled their cheek. "Yeah...Uh..I thought it wasn't gonna take us a long time to get here." Vix said struggling to speak as I pulled their cheek aggressively.

"Now..let's make lunch shall we..?" I nudged Vix, "You're already back to normal? Oh and..yes sure." They went to the kitchen and I followed them.

We made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, it was great. Vix's way of making food never disappoints..Lilith too!

We ran out of bread, so we had to make a deal on who should buy bread (Lilith was there too..). I decided on it, because I wanted to be helpful...

"Well..Mercury, you can go tomorrow. But I still don't trust you." Lilith said to me, I could feel their glare. "I promise, I promise I won't do anything bad.." I freaked out a bit, remembering what I usually did back then. "Alright, I'll trust you. But remember, BREAD! B-R-E--" I cut Lilith off. "Yes I know Lilith...Bread."

"Ahah! Good! Starting tomorrow morning, you get bread." Lilith walked back to their room. "Good thing the weekend is starting tomorrow.." Vix said, rubbing my head as usual. "Yeah..I'll try my best getting the bread." I stretched as I got up from my chair. Me and Vix put up our plates and went back to our room.

>Next Day
>Getting bread

I didn't sleep the entire night because I was focusing on buying bread for today. It's currently 6AM and I'm regretting my life choices as I stare at the ceiling with my wide opened eyes. I got up, got my bag, and stuffed my wallet in there. I haven't used my money in a while, so I decided to get the bread with my own money.