Chapter 6, Events

-Mercury's POV-

I stroke the top of my coffee cup, I was distracted from yesterday. I finished the remaining parts of my work and sat down at a table drinking my coffee that I forgot to finish. Mono walked up to me, "Wanna go help me and Vix with a bunch of books?" It asked me. "Sure..I'm almost done with my coffee.." I took a sip out of it. "Alright see you there!" Xe walked away. I finished my coffee and threw away the cup.

I find where Mono and Vix were, they both were putting up new books in the bookshelves. "Ah! Mercury you're here! Glad to see someone else helping us." Vix gave me a few books. "Well, Mono told me to help you both. So I went along." I slowly placed the books into the shelves. "You're quite the helper! But definitely do take some breaks time to time." Vix pats my head. "Alright.." I say while place the books down. "Alright you lovebirds, lets take a break." Mono said while finishing up. "Okay!" Vix walks while holding my hand.

The soft feeling from their hand made me feel warm that I felt like the coffee kicked in. I kinda went a bit crazy, Mono was trying to calm me down. I slipped but then got up. I felt embarrassed but I laughed. Vix and Mono laughed along. After messing around, I calmed down a little. Vix and Mono were talking to each other. I was just standing, staring out until I felt a very uneasy feeling.

I felt I was being watched again, I look for the person but when I found the spot the person was immediately gone. "Mercury you alright?" Vix asked me, "I'm okay..feel a bit dazed from the coffee I guess." I turned to them. "Is that so? The coffee really got to you." Vix said while chuckling. "Yeah.." I scratch my head. A couple of minutes go by, we continued to put up the books. I felt tired that I almost fell over. Vix catches me, "Hm..Go wash your face. Maybe it'll help. It sometimes works for me." They grabbed the books for me and placed it in the shelves. "Alright.." I walked off to the bathroom. As I reached towards the door,

someone pulled me inside, it was dark.

As I tried reaching for the light switch, I turned it on. I got up and looked around.

Someone was behind me
They held a knife
it was Carol

"I'm back..but I don't think I'll go easy." Carol said with a wide smirk. They charge towards me with the knife and I immediately moved away but slipped from Carol placing their foot right next to me. They got closer towards me but I pushed Carol away. They hit their head on the sink and dropped the knife. I panicked and got up slowly and reached for the door knob. I open it but I ended up getting pushed to the wall by Carol.

-Vix's POV-

Mercury was taking a while, I was worried. I walked towards the bathroom. "Hey! Where are you going?" Mono asked. "Gonna check on Mercury, they're taking a while." I looked back at them and xey nodded. As I reached towards the door, I hear crashing. I immediately ran inside. Carol was choking Mercury. I kick Carol off and helped up Mercury. "What the hell are you doing?" I yelled at Carol. They laughed, "Picking back up where I started..." Carol grabs their knife and quickly ran towards Mercury. I push them to the wall. "What is all of the nois-" Mono walked in to see the situation. "Carol..?" They were in fear. "They attacked Mercury again." I said while helping Mercury to the door.

They stood beside Mono. "Carol hasn't gave up yet" I looked back at Carol, they got up without their knife while smiling. Carol runs towards and slams me to the wall, they got more aggressive. I try to push them off but their pressure gets stronger and stronger. I kicked them off, but they recovered quickly and ran towards me again. Carol grabs me and throws me to the ground hitting my head. I felt dizzy as I tried to get up. Carol turns me over towards them and started grabbing at my neck. I look over to see Mercury slowly grabbing something but my vision blurs. Carol starts choking me.