Chapter 22, Chaotic (2/2)

—Vix's POV—

Me and Arcane collapsed to the ground, someone had run into us. I bring myself up to see Mercury was the one who did. I lifted them up, they were bleeding from their arm. I panicked, I knew we shouldn't leave them with Cross. I nudged Arcane.

Arcane woke up and noticed Mercury's wound. "It seems like they were stabbed by Cross. "Quickly heal them, I'll keep an eye out." I stood up, Arcane went straight to healing.

I gazed around making sure they aren't here, "No sign yet." I thought. I heard a faint rustling rush where we were. "I'm starting to hear someone..hopefully we'll get out of here in no time.." I walked back to Arcane. They nodded, Mercury seemed to be doing better.

Arcane finishes and I help Mercury up by holding them by the shoulder. "Let's go.." Me and Arcane started to rush over to somewhere safe..If there is really anywhere to stay at.

"Need help?"

We stopped to look behind somebody holding a bag of items. They were tall and was wearing a scarf. "Oh sure.." I said in relief. "Alright, follow me.." We all followed them somewhere.

It started to get windy out of nowhere, "Quick! Run! It usually gets very windy over here." They started running. I held Mercury on my back and started running. Arcane was right next to me, keeping an eye out.

As we arrived at the house, they left the door open for us as we bolted inside and so did they. I set Mercury on the couch and sat right next to them. The house was fancy and neat, I enjoyed every part of it. "It's really pretty in here..and thank you for helping us.." I watched them bring us some tea. "Yeah, no problem. Are they okay?" They sat down with us and grabbed a teacup and gave it to me. I drank some. "Yeah they are, just collapsed.." I put my teacup down. "Ah! I forgot to name myself. I'm Petal! I mostly live alone. It's kinda okay living here." Petal stood up and bowed. "I'm Vix, this is Mercury, and that's Arcane!" I introduced myself and the others We both shook hands. "Nice to meet you!"

"I'll make something to eat soon until Mercury wakes up.." Petal got close to my face. "Sure...?" I was starting to feel uncomfortable already. I have a strange feeling about them.

—Mercury's POV—

I've woken up to the sound of talking, and a bright light in front of my face. "Mercury! You're awake!" Vix pokes my face and laughs. I refused to get up, "Someone was kind enough to bring us to their home..we're about to eat soon...Wake up.." Vix pulled my cheek this time. I bit their finger.

"Ouch.." Vix stopped, I lifted myself up and felt like falling over as I got up. "You're awake! The name is Petal." Someone rushes towards me. "Nice to meet you, Petal.." I watched them grab my hand. "My, aren't you small?" Petal said out of nowhere. "Hhh...Don't call me small.." I already felt annoyed. "Small!" Petal said again. I hold in my anger and sat right next to Vix. I was sulking, crossing my arms.

Vix patted my head, "Don't worry, they're just joking.." They chuckled, I still felt angry but also relieved.

"What's the ruckus here?" Someone said joining into out conversation

Oh
it's Lilith

I stared at them in shock, I could feel fear grow slowly. "Ah..Lilith meet Merc—" Petal stopped. "I know." Lilith crossed their arm. They don't look happy to see me at all.

"So..is this a coincidence? Brought by the same person?" Lilith chuckled

I couldn't respond, I was scared, I could feel Vix nudge me.
"Come on.." I hear them say.

Too much noise is happening
Too much noise
oh god
I struggled to breathe
Everything seemed so...blurry

I puked
I puked in my hand
and collapsed
I fainted, unsure what happened next.