Chapter 16, Back To The Hospital // Torture

Vix and I were on our way to the hospital to visit Doctor Kai and maybe Mono. We walked in and met the same doctor, Doctor Bow. "I'll lead you both to Kai's room.. should be right here.." They let us in and opened the door for us to Kai's room.

"Mercury!" Kai smiled but slightly frowned when they saw Vix. "Don't worry..Vix has calmed down for now." I pulled a chair right next to Kai and they seem to not accept it as much. "That's good." Kai went back smiling again. "Oh and uh..can you walk properly?" I asked them and they responded. "Not really, but I can keep my balance, this cast makes my arm feel uncomfortable though..." Kai got off the bed and limped. "You two want to go to Mono's room?" Kai asked us both. "Sure! Yeah!" I grabbed Vix's hand and held the door for Kai.

As we all arrived in Mono's room, they looked happy to see us. Vix looked scared to walk in so they stayed in the back. "It's been a while.." Mono waved, they tried to look over my shoulder and saw Vix standing right behind me. They both locked eyes together and then looked away.

"Vix..I wasn't expecting you to be here." Mono said quietly. "Yeah..uh.." Vix backed away from the entrance. "I hope you're doing fine now..its okay." Mono had a small smile, but their eyes looked dead and sad. "Oh..alrighty.." Vix walked back in looking nervous.

"Is it okay if we take you home? Can you walk properly?" I asked them and they nodded. "Yeah I don't mind..oh yeah! I'll pay you both on the way for working.." Mono got off the bed and almost tipped over. "Goodness..you sure you're okay?" Kai said and helped them up with their balance. "Let's go now." I opened the door for both of them. We headed our way to Mono's home.

As we arrived, Kai brought Mono in and we followed them. "I'll take you to your room." Kai said. "They look cute together." Vix whispered in my ear. "Damn...I can see that." I smirked. Kai walks back with something in their hand, "I'll stay here for now with Mono...here's the money that they promised you." Kai hands us both 200 dollars. "I wasn't expecting that..isn't it too much?" Vix asked. "Mono's been working in that library for a long time, it's okay." Kai walks off to Mono's room. "See you both later!" They waved at us goodbye. "Bye!" I said and so did Vix.

We arrived back home, I walked in and saw Vix paused for a bit. "You alright?" I said. "Yeah..Just wasn't expecting it to go that well." Vix finally entered inside and closed the door.

"Hey, you two!" Lilith greeted us with Arcane right next to them waving. "Where did you both go?" They asked us both. "We went to go visit Kai and Mono again, they're fully recovered." Vix responded. "We got our pay too." I lifted the money. "That's good, use the money wisely." Lilith walked to the kitchen. "I'll go make lunch for you two now.."

Vix and I decided to put our money away and go help Lilith cook. Arcane was there too. As we finished, Vix and I decided to eat together.

I was feeling tired again, so I lay on the bed. I tried keeping myself awake. Vix was right next to me, I could feel them stare at me as I forced myself to keep my eyes open. "Mercury...you should try taking a nap.." Vix wrapped their arms around me. "No no..I think I'm good." I snuggled in. "You look tired though..." Vix poked me in the face. I didn't say anything else other than make a strange squeaking noise.

"Huh?"
"What??" I looked up at Vix who seemed surprised

"What was that noise you made?"

"I don't know.." I shrugged and laid my head back down

"Oh.....okay.."

———

So I ended up falling asleep while TRYING TO KEEP MYSELF AWAKE!!!

I swear I was awake minutes ago...

I open my eyes to see the usual red room in front of me. "Cross..I know you're there." I said. I got up and walked around the reality. It was boring as usual and empty. I sighed and plopped down sitting. I could see my reflection on the ground, I tilted my head. After a few minutes, I see something stand behind me. I quickly turned my head to see Cross charging toward me with a knife.