Chapter 14, Strange Beings

I opened my eyes, I must've fallen asleep again. I get up and checked the time. "7AM" I sighed. I wanted to sleep more but I didn't want to end up there again. I walked out of the room and saw Vix making tea, "Oh hey. You slept in again." Vix notices me while putting some cups down.

I sat down in a chair and rested my head on the table. I wasn't that exhausted but I still felt tired. Vix sets down the cup of tea. I lifted my head up and I grabbed it and took a sip out of it. I stroked the top of the teacup and took a sip again.

"Are you alright?" "Are you? Really?"
My body shot itself up as Vix asked again, but why?

Vix hasn't drank their tea, they've been staring at me. "Yeah, I'm okay." I smiled and went back to a frown as I drank my tea again. "I thought we already talked about this...I-" I stop speaking and noticed Vix's unsatisfied look to my answer. I immediately look down.

"Alright.." Vix finally drinks their tea, I stare at my half full cup of tea. My reflection shines on it, I could see my eyes.

I look exhausted, but I don't feel exhausted..

"Yesterday, before we...you know.....all of that.......Not this morning....When I woke up to you making a noise, I asked if you were okay, but you said yes.   But you lied, I could hear the sadness in your voice...I wanted to help you, so I tried to comfort you." Vix continues to still stare at me.

"I was probably having a long bad dream too around that time. I don't remember it though....." I lied as I shook up again, I stare at my hands. "I...I'm surprised you brought that up...."

"I hope you aren't lying to me." Vix went close up to my face.

Shit..

"I'm not..sometimes dreams make me fall into a deep sleep." I back up in my chair. Vix sits back down. "Okay..."

I finished my tea, Vix barely touched theirs still. I get up and washed the teacup.

Vix gets up as I try to walk away. "Tell me...Are you really okay?" I feel them staring, from behind. I looked back at them and slightly smiled, "I'm alright..just tired." I continued walking. Vix grabs my arm, "I know You're lying." They yank me back, I get flashbacks from this morning..when they...

"Vix..I'm okay.."

I feel them squeeze my arm. Vix yanks me closer towards them. I could feel their nails.

They twist my arm a little,
are they...getting mad at me again?
It hurts..It hurts.......

"Vix...you're hurting me...again..." I feel them twist more, but worse. I tear up. "VIX!!"

I was scared but confused for a bit until they hugged me. "Sorry...Got too worried. You can talk to me about it if you want. I'm so sorry for hurting you." Vix hugged me tightly. "It's okay, I'll try my best." I said and they let me go.

I lay down on the bed, my body sinking into the mattress. I felt comfortable, my eyes were droopy. It was still morning time but I couldn't keep myself awake so I closed my eyes.

//Vix's POV

As I watch Mercury sleep, I still worry for them. Maybe Mercury is okay and I'm just..freaking out as usual.

I went close to Mercury and kissed them on the head, tucked them in, and sat there.

"Why are you lying to me." I say.
Of course Mercury didn't hear it.
"Don't lie to me."
"I'll hate you for that...."
"I'll hate you if you lie to me."