Chapter 13, A Familliar Presence

—-????//// POV—-

I stood at the person in the tube, their eyes were closed. They were breathing. "How are they doing?" Someone I know enters the room with me. "They are doing great..!" I exclaimed. "Thanks to you, you have great magic." The person stood right next to me. "Thank you, Abyss." I noticed the person in the tube started twitching. Me and Abyss got closer. "Static..they might be ready!" Abyss was excited. Void runs in to see what we were doing. "It is time." I said. I chuckled.

The person opened their eyes
They cocked their head and slightly smiled
I opened the tube for them
They walked out.

"Static, Abyss, and Void.." They seemed happy
"Cross! We got you back!" Abyss hugged all of us.

"I'm glad to be back..how did you guys do it?" Cross patted all of us. "Crown.....they didn't succeed. But they managed to cause some harm. When they came back here, they were badly injured. We were all figuring out how to get you back when they arrived. Crown agreed on giving their power to you." I explained it - they had a sad look. Cross sighed. "Is that so...how did you guys find me from before then?" Cross walked around the lab. "We found you laying right next to ruined buildings with a split head. We don't know the exact reason why." I said while following them. "Well, I thank all of you..and Crown of course." Cross finds Crown's body laying on the ground right next to a flower. "Thank you...Crown. I have some unfinished business to do." Crown grinned. "Mercury.." They whispered.

"Ah..we have been watching them for quite some time. Their wings got torn apart by Crown." I watched them turn their head towards me. "They're still alive..? I'll meet them then. I'll be right back." Cross walks off and summons a portal. "The power that Crown gave you, helps you shape shift, summon portals more quickly, have stronger attacks, and even more. Use it wisely." Abyss said and Cross nodded. "I'll keep it in mind." Cross enters the portal.

—Mercury's POV—

The atmosphere felt airy and empty
But it also felt familiar, very familiar
I could move my body, I could feel the ground, I could breathe
I open my eyes to a bright red room, shining

I looked around the area
That feeling
that presence that fills the area
feels familiar

The sounds of this area
it sounds..familiar?
It started to get louder as I feel stress build in me
Was it white noise that I've been hearing from this familiar sound?

I stood up and felt dizzy, "Where am I?" I whispered. "Miss me?" A strange familiar voice calls out. "Who are you?" I yelled. "Oh..you don't recognize me?" I felt their voice at my neck. I could feel their fingers on my shoulders. I looked back and I felt like throwing up.

Cross is back
Why are they back???

I pushed them off and I ran away screaming. The memories of Them play loudly, the memories of them hurting me—

Something grabs my ankle and I fall over. I get dragged back towards Cross with their "other" arm. "Come on now..isn't it nice to see me? I'm quite glad to see you.." Cross pulls on my hair which caused me to stress right away.

"Say something god damn it.." They pull harder. "LET ME GO!! NOOOOOO!!!" I screamed and Cross laughs. "I'll start now, by torturing you.." They flip me over on my back. Cross takes out a sharp knife. I kicked their arm with the knife, as I tried running away. I felt a sting in my neck, I couldn't talk. I fell over and felt blood gushing out of my mouth. I saw the knife stuck in my throat. "Mercury, keep this in mind." Cross takes the knife out of my throat. I could barely see them as they stood over me. "No matter what you do..you can't run."       That was the only message I got from them.