Chapter 9, Hospital

—Kai's POV—

When I arrive at work, I sip my coffee. I was tired from dealing with Vix yesterday. The wound on my arm seems to be fine after another doctor took care of it. I went to check on Mercury and Vix, Vix was half-asleep. "Good morning." I walked in checking in on Mercury. "Morning." Vix is looking outside the window, the sun was still going up. "How are you feeling?" I sat right next to them. "Tired." Vix was still having pain from their side.

"Sorry..I hit you pretty hard there last night." I drank my coffee and stared outside the window with them. "That's okay..I felt like I needed it. Sorry for trying to strangle you.." Vix seemed fidgety as they try to speak. "It's alright..I'll check on Mono..See you later." I left and waved goodbye. Vix continued to stare at the window. It was weirdly awkward, probably because of yesterday.

I feel someone suddenly hug me from behind.
It was Vix.

I couldn't see their face, they hugged tightly after.
"Vix..What's wrong?..I.."

I turned around and hugged them back anyways.
"You don't think I'm strange? Do you?" Vix asks.

I hesitated.
"..No...."

"Good." Vix sat back down.
"Don't think of anything bad about me..."

"I wont. I promise." I gave them a smile and then left.

I enter Mono's room, the corpse from yesterday is gone, and the blood is cleaned. Some faint stains still remain though. I believe they'll come back again to clean.

Mono's eyes were faded with a gloomy dark pink. They haven't been doing so well mentally that we had to remove sharp objects.

Mono hasn't spoken, or flinched. As I read the clipboard with information about Mono,

'Recent Information - 1:15AM' Skin poked and stabbed by something sharp, close to a syringe.'   'Removed sharp instruments, the patient tried to kill themselves with scissors  and then a scalpel.'    'Tried to unplug the life support machine.'     'Attempted to hang themselves with wire.'

'Patient had to be strapped down after but they are doing fine now. No longer strapped down anymore.'

I stop reading, and felt bad, but I was glad I got some good news.

Mono turns their heads towards me. "Kai...? Doctor..Kai?" Mono moved closer towards me. "Yes..it's me Kai!" I gave them a smile. They tear up and hug me tightly. I softly hugged them back, "How are you feeling?" I asked while letting go of them. "Numb.." Mono rested their back on the bed and wiped their tears.

"But I can't stop thinking about it.."
"That moment.."
"I felt so."
"So..."
Mono stopped talking, "You don't have to explain it, it's okay.."

"I never felt that way."

"I wanted to hurt myself so badly, I wanted to rip my skin off. I wanted to do bad things to myself, I WANTED TO STAB MYSELF!!" Mono screamed, they had another panic attack. I hugged them and patted their head, "I'll be sure to keep you safe.." I looked at their face. I thought they were kinda cute, wait..what?

I blushed, and slowly let them go. "Hah...uh, you're wounds seem to be fine. No infections I hope." I brushed myself off. "I'll check on you later.." I smiled as I left out the door. I went to go check on Mercury again, I needed to apply the medicine. Vix isn't here, so I assumed they went home.

I grabbed the medicine out of a plastic bag. I searched for the syringe and took it out. I cleaned the tip of the syringe, I placed the syringe in the medicine and got some of the liquid out. I carefully inject the liquid in Mercury's arm, I put everything away. Mercury has been doing great, "I feel like they might wake up soon." I thought to myself and left.