9

For days, Mingi still hadn't texted the older about everything and Yunho was definitely losing hope. What he didn't know was in reality Mingi was hiding away in his apartment and studio, hiding from any confrontation from the press and reporters outside his apartment complex and the company itself.

He was scared, it was his first time. Normally it would be passed off as jokes but this time they had caught him hanging out with Yunho, taking pictures, and sharing it online. See people freak out both in good and bad ways. He wasn't ashamed of their friendship, his anxiety just thought that maybe Yunho hated him because he wasn't being careful about the press and reporters that could be nearby. It was his fault for not covering up when he should have.

Fear and guilt wasn't a good combination to say the least. Maybe Yunho would hate him for not dismissing the rumor yet. He didn't dare message him or call him about it either. All he knew was that both his manager and the company were stressing about this and if he didn't do anything soon, it would probably end up being worse than it is.

"Ok, that's enough Mingi." Yanking the covers away from him, there stood San glaring at him slightly. "You've been hiding for days and the press is more eager than ever, say something!" He sat down at the end of the bed.

How did San get into his apartment? To make sure, Mingi had given San an extra key, in case his dumbass forgot his key one day and locked himself out. Not that it had happened before but he just made sure just in case.

"San, no..." He hid himself with his hands, a basic 'if i can't see you you can't see me' type of thing.

"San, yes. Now go out there and say something" This time San was basically dragging him away from his bed and outside his apartment. Mingi wasn't protesting, he knew he had to confront it at some point.

"Mingi!"

"Over here Mingi!"

"Is it true that you are dating someone?"

Mingi sighed, he's already bombarded with questions even though he had just stepped outside.

"I'm here to say that no, the rumors are not true, I am very much... Single..." Even though it was the truth, it did hurt a bit now that he realized it.

Not necessarily about Yunho, but somehow being single made him feel bad, made him feel lonely in a way that you would think was impossible, especially with the amount of friends he has. Different idols are always calling him and hanging out with him. But him being single hurt more than it should.

Afterwards he ran inside again, being chased a bit by reporters wanting their questions answered. Mingi just hoped this would clear up at least a whole lot as he messaged the company for them to let out a statement of their own about Mingi and his love life. Seemed like they were already ready to do so when he got the notification that it was already sent and fans had already reacted.

Mingi being the idol that he is, went to check the response of course. Both good and bad responses were there, stuff like 'i hope he's ok' or 'why was this a rumor in the first place?' and at that, Mingi finally relaxed.

Although something was still bothering him, text Yunho. Mingi shook his head no, in a way of answering his own thoughts. He couldn't, plus Yunho could just see the response to it all himself if he truly needed to. All he hoped was that he at least didn't hate him. It had been a week exactly, and only now Mingi gave a response to the rumor along with his company.

"See? Was it really that hard?" San asked, standing in the doorway of his bedroom. Mingi lying face down on his bed.

"What if he hates me?" Mingi blurted, he wasn't really supposed to say it outloud but he knew if anyone could help it would be San.