Chapter 3-High School

[Timeskip: 3-4 years]

Ahh... it was finally time for the dreaded 9th grade, they say it's supposed to be the greatest 3-4 years of your life, to me it'll be awkwardness for sure.

Thankfully me and Stu can walk to school and back since we both lived so close to the school, he seemed kinda excited to start high school for some reason, I guess he wanted to start this new chapter in our lives.

Thankfully we have most classes together, not all of them but we have 4 out of 6 classes together, we even have the same lunch. I've been noticing I've been getting more and more nervous around him, I'm not sure why we've been friends for years. During the first day, I was helping the teacher with passing out papers when I tripped and dropped all of the papers.

"Oh god! I'm sorry I'm really clumsy!"

"Here let me help." Stu said, he then came over and tried helping, he accidentally touched my hand while helping me, I felt... weird... it felt like my heart was trying to break out of my chest and my stomach was twisting.

"Uh... I'm sorry."

"It's alright Y/n. Here I'll help." He then gathered up all of the papers and gave them to me, I was grateful but I still felt off. During lunch break, I went to the bathroom for a minute to comprehend what happened.

I looked in the mirror and thought for a minute, why did I feel weird? He's my best friend, he's been that way for years, I'm confused... wait... am I... in love? This thought filled my mind, I was so confused about why I felt this way, maybe... I am in love...

High school was fun, the only downside is my awkwardness, me and Stu still loved music but maybe a band was too much for now, he wanted to work at a keyboard shop for a while, he's been looking for a place and finally found one, he's been telling me all about how excited and nervous he's been about applying for the job. He also found someone that he's currently seeing, her name is Paula Cracker, personally I don't trust her but as long as Stu's happy I'll be happy.