Chapter 21-New Sound

We decided with the new album that it should have 'new sound', the self titled had a good happy feel to it, this was in 2001, right before September 11th so we decided to acknowledge it. People were thinking that the self titled was it, that we were here for a joke, but no, this album will prove them wrong.

2D has an idea for a song called "Kids With Guns" it was based on how school shootings could happen with the right influence and being pushed to it. I was trying to come up with something similar, it could have a happier sounding melody but dark message, I got the lyrics but no song name yet.

"Whatcha got there Y/n?" Noodle asked.

"I got a song idea, but no title or piano melody yet..." I replied.

She read the lyrics for a little but, "Wow! These are really good!" She exclaimed.

I smiled, then I walked over to the piano, I had to come up with something, even if it was from fiddling. I changed the setting to where it sounded more electrical, played a note or two and started fiddling.

Sooner or later I came up with a melody, 2D got up and listened. "That's great love! I've got an idea!" He said.

He started clapping a few times, making it sound more like a song. It was getting there, slowly but surely.

"Also, we could have a child choir sing a verse or two!" He suggested. I actually agreed because I was in a choir all throughout high school so I know what it sounds like.

After Murdoc came in and reviewed it he decided to come up with the name, 'Dirty Harry', to come back to our Clint Eastwood roots. This album was going to be great, I just know it.