6.

6. PROTECTIVE MOTHER

 PROTECTIVE MOTHER

Eevi

Today is the day when we leave for the tour, tomorrow is first show in Kemi.
I spent the night in Niko's apartment, so it would be faster and easier to get to the airport.
First we go to Oulu, and we meet our families. After that we drive to Kemi, I mean Tommi drives and we all just sit there.
I'm excited to see my parents again, I saw them last time about two months ago.

"Wake up, it's time to leave." I heard Niko's voice.
I hid my face under the blanket and tried to sleep again, I was at the couch. I'm not that good with early mornings.
"Hey! Get up you lazy Niko junior!" I suddenly heard someone else's voice.
And whoever that was, suddenly he lifted that blanket little bit away from my face. Slowly I opened my eyes a little, and got pretty scared.
"Fuck! Don't do that!" I groaned and hid my face under the blanket again.
Joonas laughed.
He was kneeling next to the couch and his face was the first thing I saw today.
And his stupid grin.

"Don't scare my sister. And you, get up or we go without you." Niko said and I gave up and got up.
"These are times when I ask myself that why I agreed to something." I sighed when I tried to eat some breakfast.
"Hey, it's going to be fun. Believe me." Joonas smiled. He came here ten minutes ago before he woke me up. We waited also Aleksi and Joel to came, so we would go to the airport with same taxi.
Someone rang the doorbell and Niko went to open the door, it was Joel since I heard his voice.

"Morning, are you ready to have fun with us?" Joel grinned to me. I just rolled my eyes and took a sip of apple juice.
"Don't talk to her, she's already moody." Joonas whispered loudly to Joel and I gave him confused look.
"I'm not. I just hate mornings that's all." I said and walked to Niko's bedroom so I could change my clothes in peace.

I was putting some necklaces on, and I watched myself from the big mirror at the same time. I heard someone knocking the door.
"Come in." I said.
Gently someone pushed the door handle down and opened the door, I gave a quick look and Joel stood there.
"Are you ready?" He asked, leaning against the door frame.
"Almost..." I mumbled and struggled with the lock of the last necklace.
Joel walked behind me and took a grip of the necklace, and I let my hands fall down.
He put it on and then looked me throught the mirror, I just smiled a little.
His ice blue eyes stared straight in to my soul, and I know what he tried.
"You know, we should go." I said and turned around. I watched his eyes for a second, and then took all my stuff and carried them to the hallway.

We got in to the plane, and the trip to Oulu would finally start.
For the whole time I listened some music and thought about good old times.
After all I'm very depressed. I have been years, but especially now it feels like I'm more depressed than ever before.
Nothing feels like before. The only thing that takes my mind somewhere else is music, and I'm glad that I will be surrounded by music for the rest of the summer.
But still I'm nervous to see Olli more often.

I looked outside of the window, and watched those clouds that were so beautiful.
Someone poked my shoulder, and I turned my head and took my headphones off.
Niko smiled a little.
"You know I haven't told to mom and dad that you're coming with us touring." He chuckled, I frowned.
"Why?" I asked and turned the music off, it wasn't a long time anyways when we would arrive to Oulu.
"I know that mom would've had been very hysterical, you're her's little princess and touring is tough." Niko shook his shoulders.
Yeah, mom has always veen very protective towards me. When I moved to Helsinki all alone at the age of fifteen, my mom cried a lot and she made sure that everything is fine.
She called me every day to check that I was still alive.

We arrived to Oulu and Tommi came to pick me and Niko up, and he drived us to our parents.
Aleksi came with us, Joel and Joonas went to their own families.
I watched the neighborhood where I lived my childhood, so many memories came to my mind.
The taxi drived away as we stood in front of grey house that has two floors. I saw how the front door opened, and my mom came outside smiling widely while she saw us, dad following her.
"Hi my dear childs, I missed you so much." My mom hugged Niko first.
Then she came to hug me, and that was a long and tight hug.
"What are you doing here? Usually you don't visit us." Mom looked me up and down and then studied my face. She always did that, to find if I had changed somehow.
I was about to open my mouth, until she focused on Aleksi who stood behind me.
"Good to see you too, Aleksi!" She greeted and also hugged him.
In the mean time dad hugged me and Niko.

"I'm going to tour with boys." I smiled as dad let go of me.
Mom looked very suprised and maybe a little shocked.
"You know it's tough? And what about the drinking? Spending hours in a van, sleeping in different hotels and stuff." She immediately started to talk worried, I just smiled and rolled my eyes.
But Niko found his role again as my big brother, and he took a grip of my shoulder.
"We are going to take care of her, she's in good hands." Niko said. Mom just looked us smiling and nodded, until she started to be hysterical again.

"But Niko, don't let her be that drunk, also she's going to faint easily if she's not drinking enough water because of these hot days. Take care of that she eats enough and sleeps well."
We looked each other grinning with Niko and we shook our heads.
"Mom I'm soon 25, I think I manage to take care of myself." I said and then dad walked to mom, and she pressed her head against his chest, looking at us smiling.
They are the cutest, I hope that someday I would have someone to lean against like that.
I wish that one could be the one brown haired bass player.. I remember how I pressed my head against his chest, I felt so safe in his arms.

"Still.. everytime it's so amazing to see you two, my oldest childs, following their dreams. I can't wait that day when Blind Channel is going to europe, showing everyone how great you are. And you, Eevi..." Mom let go of dad and came closer, placing her hands to my shoulders.
"I can't wait the day when you're getting married and I see you in a white dress, walking down the aisle." She continued and that made me chuckle.
"Mom.. that's far in the future, or not at all.. don't talk things like that." I said a little upset.

Yes, I would love to get married someday.
Getting dressed to a white dress, taking my dads hand and he walks me down the aisle, to my future husband.
That has always been my dream.
I don't know if I ever find a man that would love me, and marry me.
And will I love someone else than him?

Couple hours went and it was time to leave.
We said goodbyes and Tommi picked us up with their black touring bus.
We were the last ones in there, and my heart started to jump around when I saw Olli.
He had his sunglasses on, and he greeted us smiling when we got in.
I sat next to Joel, and I started to scroll my phone.
I saw that Olli started to follow my instagram account. I felt happy, but at the same time I was nervous.
I followed him back, and I watched few of his pictures. Maybe it was too obvious that I watched them.
"What are you smiling for?" Joel asked next to me while he scrolled his phone as well. I just swallowed and then looked him quickly.
"Nothing.." I said and tried to be normal as possible.
I watched outside of the window, and my smile didn't fade away.
"You're so in love with him." Joel whispered to my ear, and that made me flinch a little.
"I have loved him like.. always." I said blushing.

"Don't forget the reason why you moved away from Oulu back in the days." He answered with serious face. That got me back in the earth. I felt how my stomach made an flip, and I think my heart did too.
"Don't ruin my good mood." I mumbled back.
"It's the truth. He has a girlfriend, has had ten years. And not anyone, but your ex best friend." He whispered.
I'm glad that no one heard us, because of the music they played and Niko and Joonas argued were the songs good or not.
"You're really trying to make me cry?" I answered pissed.
"No. But I just remind you that you will see that woman someday soon. I'm sure about it. And then, don't cry when you see her hugging the love of your life." He said and then put on headphones.
I swallowed again, trying not to cry and watched outside of the window again.

Yeah.. this tour will sure be tough.
Emotionally.

Thank you for reading this story!
I'm glad of every comment and vote as well <3
Have a good day and stay safe! 🖤