12.

12. LET ME HELP YOU

 LET ME HELP YOU

Eevi

Those nights when you can't get any sleep. When you're staring the ceiling in dark room, and tired as hell. But you can't fell asleep. I've had many of those. Too many. And tonight is one of them.
Today is my birthday, and the gig in Oulu is too. We are in a hotel in here, I was sharing the room with Niko again.
He was in sleep, but I wasn't. I sighed, and decided to check the clock. It was always a mistake, but I had to.
3am. Great. I have been laying on my bed for four hours, trying to get some sleep. I put my phone back to the bedside table, and kept staring the ceiling.
My eyes couldn't stay open, I was so tired. But I can't sleep. It was very frustrating.

"Wake up, time to eat breakfast." I flinched when Niko was poking me. Apparently I did fall asleep somehow, but I was still tired.
"And happy birthday! Tonight we will celebrate." I saw Niko smiling, I just smiled back as much as I could.

I was looking at my food, I felt very sleepy and I wanted to go to sleep back.
"Happy birthday!" Joonas shouted as he took a grip of my shoulders from behind me, I flinched.
"Oh god. Why you always have to scare me?" I asked, and I think that he woke me up finally.
"Because it's funny." He grinned and gave me a hug, I just patted his arms that were around me while I sat.
"Happy birthday. What does it feels like to be 25?" Olli smiled as he sat next to me. I freezed for a second. That exact same guestion he asked over ten years ago, and that was my latest birthday I spent with him. But here we are again. I was thinking about that where is the small heart necklace he gave me.
"It feels.. normal." I answered, smirking a little bit and following his face reactions that would he remember.
He grinned and nodded.
Everyone else wished me happy birthday as well, and I was more than thankful that there was that many people saying that.

I felt sleepy during the whole day we were outside, I watched the soundcheck and all. I was laughing and happy to see them fooling around.
I sat on the backstage, and yes I was falling asleep on a chair.
"Hey birthday girl, are you tired already?" I opened my eyes, and Tommi took a seat across from me, and there was a big table between us.
"Kinda.. I slept bad." I sighed and rubbed my eyes.
"You should sleep then, so you can party later." He said and I just rolled my eyes.
He knows that I don't like my own birthdays. I don't like that attention I'm getting. I don't like those smiling and cheering people around me.

"You're so pessimistic." Tommi said when he saw my frustrated face. I frowned.
"I'm not." I said and opened the water of bottle that was in front of me. I needed some coffee more than water, but sleep sounds better.
"Yeah, you haven't always been. But after the.. you know thing, you have been. And sometimes you behave like Joel." Tommi said.
"Don't." I looked him under my eyebrows.
I haven't always been like this. Not at all. But I became like this after the day when everything went wrong.
When two my best friends decided to start dating.
And that wasn't supposed to happen.