11.

11. BEST FRIENDS FOREVER?

 BEST FRIENDS FOREVER?

Eevi

"After our first fight, I left your apartment very mad and frustrated. An hour later you rang my doorbell, you told you were sorry. You bought some wine, because you wanted to show me that you were trully sorry. We drank it, and after that you told me how beautiful and amazing person I am. Did you meant it? Or did you do it because you wanted to fuck me?"
We sat on the ground, little bit further from everyone else.
It was late at night, at Mariehamn. We were a little bit lost and we didn't get to our ship.
He sighed, and watched the dark sky above us.
"You give me hard guestions." He finally spoke, and it made me roll my eyes.
"You have nothing else to say? Is this somehow funny to you?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

Joel just layed down on the ground on his back, and I sat across from him.
After our fight in the rehearsal place we haven't talked. The gig was good, but we didn't talk and everyone else except Niko and Joonas saw it weird.

"We have to talk about this." I continued.
"Aren't we talking?" He asked. Acting stupid again, this can't be happening again.
"It doesn't seem like it. You don't answer and only say stupid things." I sighed. Joel sat up, and he was tired as hell. We all were. We have to wait a new ship for the whole night, and damn this is so frustrating. But what can I imagine? Touring with this circus is like walking on ice, you never know what stupid things will happen.
"First Olli's bass, and now this! What else is going to happen?" Santeri shouted from somewhere, chuckling a little bit.
I kept staring Joel, and he started the ground. He clearly tried to find answers to me, but it seemed to be hard.

"I really am sorry about how I acted." Joel finally spoke. And he still stared the ground, playing with his rings on his fingers.
"But why it happens? Almost everytime we see, we only mock each other and usually it's you who starts it." I said and he lifted his head up.
"I don't know.." He shook his head lightly.
He knew. But he just didn't tell me. It annoyed me, but I let it be. The most important thing is that he's sorry, and we can continue our lifes.

"But I have one thing to say." I said after couple of minutes of silence. He watched me, and listened carefully.
I looked a bit around, and leaned forward little bit.
"Don't ever tell me what to do." I said. He frowned.
I stood up and cleaned my clothes, then went to others and sat down next to Joonas and Olli.
I saw how he stared at me, and he looked confused.
I hope he understands what I meant.

Olli looked his phone, me, Joonas and Santeri talked about everything. Of course I stared Olli often, I don't know what was so interesting in his phone that our company is not worth of his attention.
Then he chuckled, I lost my focus to listen Santeri and Joonas, so I paid attention on him again.
"Emilia is so worried, she texts all the time that are we in ship yet." Olli shook his head and those two looked him too.
"She's awake? In the middle of the night?" Santeri asked amused.
Olli just looked us, shaking his head and smirking.
"She really is something.." Joonas said and I saw how he looked me under his eyebrows for a second.
"I'm sure she's missing you." Santeri grinned and poked Olli to his leg.
"Well, soon we see again." Olli said, and he didn't look so excited while he said that. I frowned.
"But hey, soon is your birthday. At the same day we have the gig in Oulu." Olli then changed the subject and put the phone away.

"How did you remember that?" I asked confused, but smiling a little bit.
"Why I wouldn't remember one of my best friends birthday?" He smiled.
Best friend? Are we still? After all these years I have been gone, not knowing what he has done and vice versa. And still we are best friends.

July 30th 2010

I opened the door of our house, it was 11am.
"Good morning!" Olli smiled widely and gave me a hug.
"Morning. What are you doing here this early?" I asked amused while I let that boy walk past me.
"I know you like to sleep long, but it's your birthday and I don't allow you to spend it sleeping." He grinned while we walked to my room.
"You're the best talker here." I chuckled and closed the door behind me.
"How does it feels to be 15?" He sat on my bed, I sat next to him.
I looked thoughtful, and Olli started smiling.
"I feel.. it feels like... normal." I said and we laughed afterwards.
"Okay, but I got you a present." He handed me a very small jewerly box, that was wrapped in gift paper.
I opened it, and there was very cute, silver necklace. It was small heart. I took it out of that small plastic box, and I watched it closely.

"I guess you like it?" He asked, my smile was telling it all.
"I love it, it's so cute. Thank you." I hugged him tight.
"It's your day, so what would you like to do?" He asked then while I put the necklace on.
I looked his eyes for couple seconds. I loved his eyes, they were magical. Like he has some magic powers, that everytime when I look into them, I feel like I'm dancing on clouds.
I have deeper feelings towards him, I know it. But I can't say it. I don't want to ruin our friendship.

"I thought about sleeping, I'm very tired." I said and he just nodded smiling.
"Let's sleep then." He said and layed down on my bed, and I went next to him.
He looked the ceiling, and I was on my side, staring his beautiful side profile. He got his dreadlocks, and he looked like a rockstar. With my black hair I tried to look the same. A rockstar.
He turned his head a little bit, and our eyes met.
"What?" He asked. I saw that I was smiling, but I tried to hide it.
"Nothing. I'm just happy that you're my friend. Without you.. I don't know what I would do." I answered, and he smiled too.
"I'm happy too that you're my friend. My best friend." He said.

At night we sat on the beach, looking at the sunset.
We were close to each other, and Olli let his hand rest in my shoulders.
I felt safe, happy.
"I know what we should do." Olli suddenly said. He stood up, first I was confused, but he offered his hand to me and I took a grip of it and he helped me up.
"There is that one small bridge, let's go over there." He suggested and we walked there.
For the whole journey I was curious what he was up to, and when we reached that wooden bridge, he took a small knife from his pocket.
"What are you going to do with that?" I frowned.
"I thought that I would murder you." He smirked. I just shook my head amused.
He started to engrave the bridge. There was plenty of them, like hearts and inside of them letters. Classic behaviour from young lovers.
After he was done, he wiped it clean.
"Bff Olli and Eevi." I read and smirked.

"Yeah. Isn't that good idea? Now it's there forever. Until world will explode." He smiled.
"Or when someone will dismantles this bridge." I grinned and watched Olli.
He put his arm around me, and we watched the engraving.
"Well, at least it has been there some time." He said.
I turned my head to look at him. He wasn't very much taller than I.
"Promise me one thing." I started. He looked my eyes back, I felt those thousands of butterflies.

"Promise me that we will be best friends forever, no matter what happens." I continued nervous.
He smiled. That lovely smile.
"I promise that. I would never leave you." He said and hugged me, I hugged him back and let my head rest against his shoulder.
I wanted to tell him.
I wanted to say out loud that I love him. More than as a friend.
I couldn't do it. Maybe some day I can.

Little bit memories again, I really like writing those. What do you guys think?
Thank you for reading this story, there is 1k readings already! <3
Stay safe, you're all amazing. And stay strong, everything will be alright 🖤