𝟸𝟼. ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅs ʜᴇᴀʟ, sᴄᴀʀs ғᴀᴅᴇ. ɪ ɢᴜᴇss?

'She looks so pretty

'She looks so pretty. I wonder how she'd look like with a knife around her throat.oh and she has twins? triple the fun I guess.'

My eyes skim through the note for the millionth time and I drop my head on the desk.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

That was definitely a threat note against Belle and her kids.

I need to think of a solution as fast as I can.

Someone knocks on the door and I didn't even bother to reply before whoever it was came in.

"I got what you asked for boss." Dante announces the moment the door shuts behind him.

He drops the file on my table and his facial expression told me all I needed to know.

"They're yours."

Just that statement flipped a switch in me and I shut my eyes before opening it to ask the only question on my mind.

"What can I do Dante?" I ask, my voice cracking and Dante looks at me with what I hate the most; pity.

"Just calm down," he states, his tone and eyes soft.

I nod, waving him off.

He lingers at my desk for a few seconds before heading out.

I didn't even bother to open the files, I just put them in my briefcase, trying to figure out a plan.

Someone knocks again and I frown.

"Go away."

The door opens revealing Annabelle and my heart melts.

"Why do you want me to go away?" she asks, pouting.

"I thought it was Dante-" I try to explain and she just laughs.

Slumping on the chair across from me, I felt offended. She must have noticed my expression because she raise a brow.

"What?"

"How can you sit there when my laps are available?"

She giggles, rolling her eyes.

"You're so naughty."

"Only for you babygirl."

"You have a business review planning in about an hour boss." she teases and I feel my face harden.