𝟹𝟹. ᴍᴏᴘɪɴɢ.

I continued signing the papers, ignoring both Kristen and Dante's stares

"Stop staring at me." I said to them without even lifting my head and I hear Kristen clear her throat.

"Are you okay?" she asks and I fucking hate the question.

I hate that question with passion because I have no idea how I should reply.

How can I explain to them that I've lost a piece of me that was never even mine to begin with?

How can I explain that nothing else would ever feel like love ever again after her?

Pain. Regret. Shame.

"I'm fine." I reply curtly, keeping my eyes on the papers.

"You don't look like it." Dante adds, his voice soft and I hated how all of them talk and look at me that way.

Even I know I don't look like myself. I'm like a shadow of Grey Blackwell.

Loosened tie, no jacket, hair rumpled from the number of times I’d raked my fingers through it in frustration. "I said I'm fine, please leave me alone."

"You know you can talk to me whenever you want right? I'd always be here for you." Dante assures me and I finally look up at them.

I run my fingers in my hair again, closing my eyes tight for a second.

"What are those dead flowers doing there?" Kristen asks, pointing behind me at the dead flowers and I sigh.

"None of your business."

For the past two weeks I've been getting flowers delivered to Annabelle's apartment, taking one out of each bouquet to know when to buy another.

Kristen and Dante share a glance, murmuring to each other.

"You miss her, don't you?" Dante speaks up after few minutes.

"So much." I reply truthfully, tired of them asking.

"You really want to see her right?"

"All the time."

"You've got it bad man, never knew I'd see the day you'd mop." Kristen comments while Dante smirks beside her.

"Shut up." I snap at her and Dante sits up with a frown.

"Don't talk to her that way." he warns with narrowed eyes.

"Who the fuck are you to tell me how to talk to my own sister?" I ask him with a scowl on my face and he scoffs mockingly.

"Well I don't give a fuck if she's your sister but you do NOT talk to my girlfriend like that." he warns, voice sour as he glares at me.

I roll my eyes, eyes hard on him while Kristen looks at both of us amusingly.

"If you want to annoy me, then get the fuck out of my office. Now's not the time."