𝟹𝟶. ʙᴏɴᴅ.

It's been a few weeks since the hotel incident and everything's been going well

It's been a few weeks since the hotel incident and everything's been going well. Too well.

And I'm enjoying every minute of it. From the quality time I've been spending with my kids to the picnics and partied I have with my friends and down to the dates I have with my boyfriend. My mental health deserves the peace. I deserve everything and more.

"Did you know starfishes don't have brains?" Ethan blurts glancing at Grey then back on his notepad, writing down God knows what.

"Oh really?" Grey asks, stirring the soup before turning back to look at my kids who were seated on the kitchen island.

"That's why I call Lucy a starfish." Ethan responds, earning a smack at the back of his head from Lucy.

"Shut it." she snaps.

Grey laughs, chopping vegetables and I'm convinced none of them know I exist in the house again.

"Mr Blackwell?" Lucy calls out, playing with her curls.

Grey hums in response, lifting a spoon of soup to my mouth for me to taste.

That was what I was here for; just to taste the food and keep my mouth shut.

"I can see tomato in the soup," she pauses, throwing me a glance and that was when I finally noticed. "I don't like it."

"I know." he says, his wide back to us and Lucy and I frown.

"How?"

"Remember the last time you came over?" he asks, eyes twinkling. "when you started eating, I could see it on your face that you were just forcing yourself to eat it."

My heart melts and Lucy's face softens. "I'm sorry, I really like you food but tomato us just not my thing."

"It's okay," he waves her off. "I'm making pancakes for you."

"The pancakes with chocolate chips, berries, maple syrup and...." she exclaims, starting a drumroll and Grey just chuckles.

"Whipped cream." Ethan ends the sentence, adjusting his glasses and I laugh. "I want that too."

"No worries." he replies and I didn't even notice that a tear has dropped until Grey walks up to me to wipe it off.

We walk to the window, away from my kids and I wrap my hands around his waist.

"What's wrong baby?" he asks, patting my back.

"You're the best," I reply, looking up at him and his eyes softens. "you're perfect."

"And why's that?"

"Even though I don't know the father of my kids, you didn't question me and just accepted them with love."

Hip lips tugs up in a smile. "I'm nowhere near perfect, baby."

"Have you seen yourself?" I snap, and he opens his mouth to speak but I just place a finger on his lips. "You don't even know, do you?"